Complaint Review: Tepperman's

• Updated: Wed, October 08, 2008

• Reported By:Belle River Ontario
2595 Ouellette Ave. Windsor, Ontario Canada

Tepperman's Sold me a broken Washer Windsor Ontario Canada

*Author of original report: Whirlpool makes the Save!!!!!!

I had recently taken delivery of a front load washing machine from Tepperman's on Saturday Sept.6th.

First attempt to use it was sept.8th.I turned it on and the control panel started flashing F-21 at me when I tried to start it.I couldn't get any response from the panel no matter what button I tried to push.

I thought "it's brand new so I must have pushed the wrong button or something".So what I did was unplug it to try and reboot it like you would with a computer and any wrong command I gave it would be erased.

I did that and it was still flashing f-21 at me.So I just started to hit any button I could and all of a sudden it started to work.I was able to do five loads of laundry that day.I figured it was just some kind of fluke and that I would give it the benifit of doubt. Must just have been me Right?? Wrong!!!!

Okay People,It's a washing Machine,I don't use it every flipping day.Surprise...Surprise......

So my next Laundry day was Fri.Sept.19.Yes, maybe I should have gotten to it sooner but I get to it when I get to it.Know what I mean???

Anyway,I go to turn on the machine and guess what?yep the F-21 was flashing at me again.Okay this time I am quite sure that it's not me.I unplug and plug and play with buttons all morning and can't get Nothing but an F-21.
So my wife comes home after work and says "Why don't you call Teppermans???".I'm a guy what can I say.So she calls and talks to Customer Care and they tell her to call the service guy,who shall remain nameless at this point.They are gone for the day and don't open till Monday morning.Which would be the 22nd.

So it's left up to me to call cause I'll be home.I call and ask them "What does F-21 mean???"They are not sure so the lady say's I'll call Whirlpool and find out for you and call you back.

She calls me back and says"It's a part in the Control Panel that has to be replaced and could take 4-6 weeks."
I said it's a brand new washer and there is no way I can wait that long to get it fixed,nor should I have to.She agreed with me and said I should call Tepperman's back and tell them that I want a new washer that actually works.

So that's what I did.I called Tepperman's back and spoke to someone in Customer care.Basically I was told that it was past 7 days since I bought it and they won't do anything.I said are you kidding me?????You sold me a broken washer and you're not going to replace it????No Sir we DON'T DO THAT!!!!

I could not believe what I was hearing.I have been buying from Tepperman's since I bought my first couch at the age of eighteen.I'm Forty-two years old and have spent thousands and thousands of dollars in their store over the years and this is the thanks I get???????????UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

So I told her what she could do:) and let her know That I would never buy from them again.I guess that was perfectly fine with them because that was over a week ago and I haven't heard from them to try and correct this injustice.Tepperman's treats their customers like common trash.Just give us your money and get lost is their attitude!!

So I called Whirlpool myself,they were very sympathetic towards my plight.They contacted my service repair guy themselves and are putting a rush on it.So we'll see how Whirlpool does and I'll let you know.In the mean Time don't waste your time or money at TEPPERMAN'S!!!!!!!!

Belle River, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2008 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Teppermans/Windsor-Ontario/Teppermans-Sold-me-a-broken-Washer-Windsor-Ontario-Canada-377105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tepperman's

Whirlpool makes the Save!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Thomas - (Canada)

In what would normally take 4-6 weeks,It only took Whirlpool 12 days to send a part from the states to WIndsor Appliances.They will be here tomorrow to fix my Washer.
Yeah...WHIRLPOOL!!!!!!! Nice Job,Well done and Thank-you!!!
As far as Teppermans is concerned,not a word,They couldn't care LESS!!!!!
Take heed people...Do Not Shop At TEPPERMANS in Windsor,Chatham,Sarnia or London.If you do you will be Sorry you ever did!!!