Complaint Review: Teresa Anderson

• Updated: Sun, March 10, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — Langley British Columbia Canada
Teresa Anderson
2433 0 ave Langley, British Columbia United States of America

Teresa Anderson Pomeranian breeder sold me puppy w/severe luxating patella that requires $1500 surgery per knee, very serious surgery that requires 3 months of rehabilitation per knee. Langley, British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Seriously!!!

*Author of original report: Surgery in Canada is expensive.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ummmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm

*Consumer Comment: Pomeranian breeder

This Pomeranian breeder sold me a 6 week old female Pomeranian. When I took her to the vet to get her checked out she was immediately diagnosed with bad luxating patellas. This is conveniently not in the contract, but it is very bad to breed dogs that are known to have these defects.

My puppy is 11 months old now and is in surgery right now. She will have to stay at the vet for 2 days, this is very serious surgery. It will take her at least three months to recover, then she will need to go through it all again for the other knee. This is terrible to put a puppy through, she loves running around and playing. She has been limping worse and worse everyday and she is very sad she cannot play.

The parents of these puppies are locked up outside in a chain link run. But the breeder also has pretty, groomed dogs that stay inside. The mother is 10 years old, that is terrible, she should have been retired a long time ago.

I originally paid $600 for this adorably fluffy little baby, and now with surgerys and rehabilitation and rechecks after surgery it will cost about $1500 per knee. And she will be on restricted activity for at least 6 months, this means no jumping on the couch, no stairs, she needs to be crated if I leave the house! She will be home crying in pain for the next week, at the very least!

This is a terrible thing to do! Not only to a human, but to a little puppy....and probably every puppy she has ever sold!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Teresa-Anderson/Langley-British-Columbia-V2z2v9/Teresa-Anderson-Pomeranian-breeder-sold-me-puppy-wsevere-luxating-patella-that-requires-993573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Teresa Anderson

You posted that you bought this puppy at 6 weeks?  you then posted the date the puppy was born and the date you bought it...i did the math, the same as anyone else can, the pup was 9 1/2 weeks old.....3 1/2 weeks older than you stated in your first claim, honestly that is not an unreasonable age for the pup to go to a new home....if you thought it was too young, then why did you buy it ???

As Ive posted I have two dogs from this breeder, firstly I know that when I did my research I found 75% of breeders DID NOT offer any guarantee for lactating patalla, the rest offered NO guarantees whatsoever for their pups, basically sold as is. I visited my one pup three times prior to picking her up, two times where totally unannouced....I found ALL the dogs in the house, ( except for the one time her little boy that followed me to the door as he had just been let out to go potty ) the only ones seperated were the puppies secured in an x pen. Her dogs were not matted or filthy, they diidn't even have those little mats that the poms are notorious for getting behind their ears, her little male was a bit wet the first time but he had just come inside.  How do I know because I picked them up to get an idea how big they were, some dogs may look small but can be little tanks.  None of them even smelled doggy nor did her house smell, it was clean and presentable, at the time she had four girls....great grandma, grandma and two daughters with the one boy.

Now you mention in your first post you allow your dog to run up and down stairs, which is fine, but then you allow a small dog to jump on and off furniture???? You think maybe you caused some of your own grief by magnifying a problem?  I know this is one of the reasons why a few breeders explained to me why they did NOT cover lactating patalla....possible injury from being dropped or falling or jumping from something too high.

Ok now your one comment is laughable, seriously what are you on?.....i just went and looked at all my puppy pics, plus pics that i had sent to me from other litters ...their eyes pointed out to the sides????  Seriously if you found so much wrong with this pup...why did you buy it?  why didn't you return it? I know she was very lenient with her guarantee, if something was found wrong with the pup at your next scheduled vet appointment she would still take it back and give you a full refund.  Did you ask her to take it back?, since it seems you took it to a vet right away after you bought it.   I'm assuming she knows nothing about this...then you assume she would just resell it and then assume that a new owner wouldn't take care of it.....your words.

Yes its cheaper in the states....why don't you get the surgery done down here....oh but the money was the big thing in your first post but not in this second one....wow i'm beginning to think the only thing the breeder is guilty of is selling you a pup in the first place.

You can continue to rant on here, this site lets people post anything they want without ANY FACTS. I'm not questioning the fact that your dog requires surgery, it is a commen problem with small breeds.   But I do know we have Libel and slander acts....i just googled, you do too. This is libel, if i was this breeder I would be suing you for defamation. Anyway I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, possible you are a minor, although I know she made it clear that she did not sell to anyone underaged.

Surgery in Canada is expensive.

AUTHOR: Deperivianimae - ()

the person that posted that surgery is 300-600$ is correct....in america. but the cheapest anyone in the lowermainland BC would charge 1,200$ i emailed every vet in the lowermainland. And if i were to give the puppy back to the breeder what would happen?

She would have been sold to someone else, who might not give her the surgery. and i dont care at all about the cost, its not money that bothers me. i want this puppy to be happy, and im prepared to do whatever it takes. but it shouldnt be like this.

All the puppies at the time had eyes that pointed out to the sides, my pup has mostly grown out of this at 1 year later. it kind of creeps me out though, it says to me that there is something wrong with the breeding pair.

And the pen in the backyard doesnt bother me, thats great. but it doesnt look like they ever go inside. she has a blue merle show dog that is brushed and groomed and pretty running around in the grass while the breeding pair is filthy and matted in a pen outside.

YES I HAVE THE AGREEMENT! it says that she was born on January 27th 2012, i took her home on april 2nd 2012....IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE AGREEMENT. that makes her pretty fricken young.
and yes she was microchipped and registered, so that is more proof right there.

I can post photos of these papers too if you dont believe me! and of the cost of surgery also.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

ummmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I don't know the breeder or you , just ran across this ,,,,,,,,Who in the heck is your vet??  WOW!!  that's alot of money , My friends chi only cost 600$ a knee ,,,,,,,Would find another vet ,,,I did say only huh?  My vet would have charged 300$ per knee ,,,,,,,, Not saying your lying about anything , I don't know you or the breeder ,,,,but does sound a little fishy           MorningStar

Pomeranian breeder

AUTHOR: CC - (United States of America)

I came across this posting through a search engine and I can't believe stuff like this gets posted.  Firstly I'll let you know that I have not only purchased one...but two poms from this person.  A good friend of mine has one too.  I find it highly unlikely that you purchased a pup from her at 6 weeks?  I know for a fact that all of our pups were not available to us until they were 8 weeks plus of age.  In fact, they weren't even advertised til that age. I just checked my aggreement, which I'm sure is the same as yours, and my first one was 9 weeks and my second was 12 weeks because it was small and she would not allow it to leave.

I also know non of the pups were vetted til they were 8 weeks because she also micro chips them and puts pet insurance in place at that time too. It's my understanding the pet insurance can't be activated til a puppy is 8 weeks.( I could be wrong)   If you read your agreement it states that you have a period of time to have your pup vetted once you picked it up....if there is anything wrong....the puppy can be returned for a full purchase price refund.  You state you took her to the vet and she was immediately diagnosed with luxating patellas....why did you not return her???

Yes i met the parents too, as well as grandparents....happy happy dogs that were bouncing around, yes in a chain link pen in her backyard, covered too...why? because she told us she had to worry about the eagles....so what are you trying to say, the adult dogs aren't allowed to have time outside??  You make it sound like it's a bad thing.  I read my aggreement prior to signing...did you?? Mine does say it doesn't cover luxating patella because it is a common toy breed problem...I also know when you breed you are dealing with genetics...i breed horses...just because you have sound breeding stock does not automatically make all your offspring perfect.

I can understand your frustration because of the costs but then to ,in my books, slander someone, i find this completely outragious. And then to accuse that "every puppy she has ever sold" had issues because of your frustration.  I will find her email and forward this to her, i'm sure if you signed an agreement, the same as we did, that itself will be proof that the pup you purchased was not 6 weeks of age...our aggreements are dated, with the puppies age...I'm sure yours is too. The internet is a good thing, but it's not when stuff like this can get posted on a whim and people expect no repercussions from it....me? I consider this nothing more than slander