Louisiana

• Submitted: Mon, June 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 08, 2009

• Reported By:Boonville North Carolina
Terminix
Elkin, North Carolina U.S.A.

Terminix 1 year contract to have my home exterminated every 3 months and did not get rid of bugs Elkin North Carolina

I signed a 1 year contract with terminix to exterminate my home every 3 months for crawling insects (mainly earwigs). They came the first 2 times and I noticed that the bugs were still here. The contract stated that if i saw more bugs that they would come back in between visits to take care of them. They told me that if i broke the contract that i would still be charged a fee. So i let them come back again and still had live bugs after that. They came back between this visit and what was to be the last one and sprayed again but still i had live bugs in my house.

However, when i called for them to come back in between visits i spoke to a very rude woman who insisted that i had to pay the charge for the last visit, which i had not received the bill for yet, when the tech came to spray, so i did pay.

Later when the tech came for the last visit to spray he told us that if we had any more problems to just call and he would come back and spray again. This was the last visit under the contract and we did not renew since it did not seem that it was helping the problem.

In about 2 weeks we had started seeing bugs again so i called back to the terminix office to speak to the rude woman again who then told me that now that our contract was over that they would not come back out unless we entered into a new contract.

So we paid terminix a total sf $300 ( $75 per visit) for absolutely nothing. We still have the same bugs that we had when we contracted with them a year ago plus more bugs.

Lisa
Boonville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Terminix/Elkin-North-Carolina/Terminix-1-year-contract-to-have-my-home-exterminated-every-3-months-and-did-not-get-rid-o-459534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Terminix