Complaint Review: Terry Moving & Storage

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By:Corinth Texas
Terry Moving & Storage
25431 Artic Ocean Drive Lake Forest, California U.S.A.

Terry Moving & Storage Thieves-Liars-Fraud Lake Forest California

*Author of original report: I told you the truth about this company, how many more people need to suffer from this bad company.

*Consumer Comment: CORRECTION RE: TRUE NAME OF CONVICTED FELON JOHN KLEGHORN (JOHN CHARLES CLEGHORN)

*Consumer Comment: Yeah, right. . . .

*Consumer Comment: TERRY'S MOVING KNOWINGLY HIRES CONVICTED FELONS ON PAROLE

*Consumer Comment: Positive Experience with this company in March, 2008

*Author of original report: Be cautious of using Terry Moving and Storage, very unethical and very unprofessional, Lake Forest California

*Author of original report: more information

*Consumer Comment: TERRY MOVING & STORAGE - INTEGRITY & TRUTH

*Author of original report: update

*Consumer Comment: A move that went well.

*Author of original report: update

*Consumer Comment: To be a Ripoff Artist, there would be a pattern of this activity....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gross overstatement of the facts

*Author of original report: Terry Moving & Storage "Thieves-Liars-Fraud" Located in Lake Forest, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gross overstatement of the facts

*Consumer Suggestion: Michael, Terry Moving & Storage.

*Consumer Suggestion: Check Ebay

I hired Terry Moving and Storage to move my furniture and keep it in storage for several months until I got situated in my new home. When my stuff arrived and I went to unpack, I started noticing that boxes had been gone through and my personal items were missing, 80+ music CD's, 20+ DVD's, kitchen utensils, small kitchen appliances, and mens dress clothing.

Once my parents stuff was moved and in storage I never heard another word from him, he did not return any of my phone calls. My parents have just recently had their stuff delivered (from Terry Moving and Storage) and are missing over $30,000 worth of landscaping equipment, custom carpentry woodworking tools, professional spo! rt fishing reels, poles, and gear and the list goes on.

The moving company broke open pad locks, took off hinges and went through every box taking whatever they wanted. My dad has raised his family by making his living being a carpenter. My dad had tools that he has owned since he was a teenager working in Switzerland and was planning to hand these things down to his grandchildren. These tools are not replaceable. My dad is over 60 and has a heart condition and this incident has made him fall into a deep depression.

My dad received the insurane claim form from Terry but my dad showed it to his insurance company first and the insurance compan! y said that the form does not look like a typical insurance cl! aim form and advised my parents not to sign it. I am so upset by what this man and his company has done. He is a thief and should not be in business.

Michael
Corinth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Terry-Moving-Storage/Lake-Forest-California-92630/Terry-Moving-Storage-Thieves-Liars-Fraud-Lake-Forest-California-249888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Terry Moving & Storage

AUTHOR: - (USA)

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....

AUTHOR: Concerned Consumer - (U.S.A.)

NOTE THE TRUE AND CORRECT NAME OF CONVICTED FELON/TERRY MOVINNG & STORAGE EMPLOYEE IS "JOHN CHARLES CLEGHORN" (ALSO KNOWN AS "J.B.")

Yeah, right. . . .

AUTHOR: Rebut This! - (U.S.A.)

Some people will do absolutely anything to avoid fulfilling their financial obligations and responsibilities. I've used this company - Terry Moving and Storage - on three separate occasions and I'll use them again if I need an excellent and reliable moving company. They don't just want your business - they want your repeat business. I know nothing of the ownership of this company, but I know plenty about the services offered by the company.

Glassware, mirrors, stemware, electronics, and other fragile items - perfectly wrapped and padded. Big items of furniture - carefully loaded and unloaded. Four men - all day long. A fifteen minute break for lunch and they're back at it - efficient and quick - not a scratch on anything. Wood floors, painted walls, and narrow doorways - not a mark or dent or ding. Upstairs, too, with a difficult landing down the stairs - mastered by Terry Moving and Storage personnel.

Don't hesitate to use this company if you need to trust the contents of your home to someone - you'll be treated right and your move will go without a glitch. You'll be impressed - and feel free to compare their quote to anyone other company. I have no doubt it'll be competitive, indeed.

TERRY'S MOVING KNOWINGLY HIRES CONVICTED FELONS ON PAROLE

AUTHOR: Justice Julie - (U.S.A.)

I am not surprised by these Rip Off reports. I was personally acquainted with one of Terry's Moving's employees, a fellow named "Joe." Joe was able to get Terry's Moving to hire his buddy, a convicted California felon on parole named "John Charles Kleghorn" (nickname: "JB"), who was convicted of felony burglary, assault on a police officer, etc., and sentenced to state prison (Case Number 02CF1098 out of the Central Orange County Superior Court, Criminal Division - Sentencing Date: 9/27/2002). I personally know that these two individuals steal from their customers (taking i-pods they find lying around, etc.). "JB" was convicted of possesson of burglary tools and these two gentlemen were renting a storage unit in Rancho Santa Margarita, which is where they may store stolen goods. Knowing what I've learned from these two thieves (and now ex-friends due to their thievery and other behaviors), I would never hire a moving company. Safer to pick up a couple illegals on the corner! The owner (Mr. Terry) wouldn't care! Half the time he's bouncing payroll checks to these loser employees! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY THAT EMPLOYS "JOE LANCISERO" OR "JOHN KLEGHORN" (AKA "JB").

update

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Regarding the letter from the owners attorney...the owner is just upset because we had the nerve to speak up and he didn't like it. It is unfortunate that there are no laws that really protect the consumer. We did however find a wonderful attorney who was very happy to take our case and through this attorney we found out that there are several others out there that are not happy with the moving companies services and there have been reports filed with the courts and few of those being very recently. We were willing to take the case as far as we could but nothing came of it due to the lack of or no response from the owners side.

Unless this sort of thing has happened to you, you will never comprehend what its like to be taken advantage of and the feeling of defeat when there is nothing you can do about it..kinda like the oil company taking all our money for gas but yet we have no choice in the matter...anyway as far as the proof goes, there is proof, its just the law is too lazy to want to look into it.

Our complaint has served its purpose. Terry knows what he did and whether or not anyone else believes our story it doesn't matter anymore. Good luck to you Terry. What goes around comes around. Hope you've learned something from all this, we know we have. Thanks for the experience.

AUTHOR: Qwerty777 - (U.S.A.)

The attorney wants you to take the comments off becuase you are slandering Mr. Terry. Whether you believe it is true or not, becuase there is no real proof and there has yet to be a court hearing, you can not go around (especially on the internet) crying thief. If it turns out to be true (which I doubt) then go ahead, but until that happens, you can not go around telling everyone he is a thief. Go ahead and tell them not to use him, he obviously has plenty of happy customers and probably won't lose sleep over you. But you don't have the right to call him a thief or anything else until it is proven he has done so. Frankly, according to your reports, I doubt you have any chance of winning. But go ahead and try.

Positive Experience with this company in March, 2008

AUTHOR: Rwr - (U.S.A.)

Hello -

I just wanted to let other consumers know that I used this moving company this week and had a very positive experience. They responded quickly to all phone calls, arrived to pack up my apartment on time, were extremely careful with packing, loading, and unloading of everything, and arrived in the State I was moving to exactly when they told me they would be there. They worked extremely hard to accomodate my schedule, which I greatly appreciated. I would not hesitate to use this company again. In addition, their bid was extremely competitive. No complaints at all!

N. Reeves
Moved from Tucson, AZ to Irving, TX

The Original Ripoff Report Text:

I called Terry regarding the missing items and he said he would investigate this matter and get back to me. At first he offered to replace our items which now looking back it seems like he did so because we had referred his company to my parents and did not want to lose their business. Once my parents stuff was moved and in storage I never heard another word from him, he did not return any of my phone calls.

My parents have just recently had their stuff delivered (from Terry Moving and Storage) and are missing over $30,000 worth of landscaping equipment, custom carpentry woodworking tools, professional sport fishing reels, poles, and gear and the list goes on. It appeared as if someone had broke open pad locks, took off hinges and went through every box. My dad has raised his family by making his living being a carpenter. My dad had tools that he has owned since he was a teenager working in Switzerland and was planning to hand these things down to his grandchildren. These tools are not replaceable. My dad is over 60 and has a heart condition and this incident has made him fall into a deep depression.

Again I tried to talk with Terry about the missing items, however he has told me and my dad that he's tired of hearing of it, do not call him again, it's only personal belongings that are replaceable so just fill out the insurance claim. The last time I tried to talk to him he hung up on me and he hung up on my parents when they called. I am so upset by what this man and his company has done. He should not be in business.
Michael
Corinth, Texas

more information

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Im sure its not an everyday occurrence of somebodys things being accidentally picked up by an auction company and then those things auctioned off.

All Im saying is to be careful of a person who makes such a horrendous mistake and then lies about it. If he was an honest individual he would have called and asked what I wanted to do about the situation and we could have worked through it. Instead he kept it to himself in hopes that the truth would never come out. Mistakes happen all the time but how these businesses handle those mistakes is what makes all the difference. So heaven forbid he makes a mistake with your belongings, can you trust in this person to be honest? Refer back to Terrys comments; hes proved himself to be the liar that he is.

Dont be fooled by this guy. If it were that easy to lie once, why wouldnt he do it again?
Here is a quote from Terry himself after I asked why my things were missing, he said, you have a beautiful home and a nice family so just forget about it and move on. Hes not exactly portraying that same attitude now that Ive told the truth about his unprofessional behavior. What is disturbing about this whole thing is Terrys attitude and that he thinks what he did was acceptable.

Terrys company was responsible for my things until they were delivered. Things happened that shouldnt have happened and he was deceitful about it. The liability falls completely on him and his company, not the insurance company and not the consumer.

Obviously, the people who are making positive comments about Terry havent read his contradictory statements. There are many other people who have had problems with Terry. With the system that is in place, we the little people do not have much recourse so we feel defeated and feel like we cant do anything about it. I felt that way too but thank goodness for the Internet, at least here I can have my story heard. Although, with the way Terry goes about using scare tactics in threatening to sue if we continue posting bad reviews. No wonder why people feel like they have no options.

TERRY MOVING & STORAGE - INTEGRITY & TRUTH

AUTHOR: Querencia7 - (U.S.A.)

I have had business dealings with this company (Terry Moving & Storage) for several months now & hired them for my own move, and believe them to not only be very truthful and of integrity, but I have referred many clients to use their moving service and all of them have had nothing but good things to say about this man and his business. I do not believe the 'one' man who claims to have 'lost' thousands of dollars. Thank you in advance for posting my rebuttal.

update

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I just received a letter from an Attorney hired by Terry for me to retract my statements on this website. What bothers me the most is that after having a bad experience with his company, I am now being told I am not allowed to tell anyone of this experience. What happened to freedom of speech? The statements I made on this website are nothing but factual but Im being told I have no rights. So what is stopping other businesses from practicing unprofessional behavior knowing that the consumer isnt able to tell their side of the story. I cannot comprehend any of this.

So basically I am suppose to be happy with the fact that my boxes were gone through and things were taken, I am suppose to be thankful that a large amount of my belongings were mistakenly taken and sold at auction, I am suppose to be satisfied with the lies and excuses that were given to me as to why my things were missing, I wasnt suppose to call him or complain and I am suppose to walk away from this with a smile on my face and say he did a great job?

A move that went well.

AUTHOR: Fm - (U.S.A.)

I cannot speak for the storage part of it. But, I can say that Terry Moving and Storage did a awsome job with our move from the O.C. in CA. to the Pacific Northwest.

Everything was great from the quote that Mark kept to, the load up at two places, and the delivery to our home on the Oregon Coast.
Through the snow, wind and rain they did it!
Meeting Mark out of all the bids that we got He was the most straight forward no-nonsence guy and did not try to nickle and dime us.
He truley came through for us. FM & LM

update

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

This response is to Ron, the consumer:

I'm glad you had a better experience with Terry Moving and Storage than we did..you are the fortunate one. I'm sure a lot of people don't have their personal belongings taken like we did.. I'm sure that if your things were taken and tampered with you would not be a happy camper either. Yes, this is an emotional situation! I can't imagine that you would be too happy if some one you paid good money to did the same to you and then made it out to be your fault. Or has no one ever stolen from you so you don't know what it's like? You mention you think it's strange because of the insurance claim not being submitted...we were skeptical to say the least, especially after all that had been told to us by the moving company. There were many different stories told to us and we didn't know what to believe anymore, we just wanted to make sure we weren't going to get ripped off again.

If others decide to use this company, well I wish them luck. If my report helps people be more cautious of the companies they use, then I'm doing what I set out to do. I'm sure now that this is out Terry is really paying attention and making sure that this doesn't happen again..

To be a Ripoff Artist, there would be a pattern of this activity....

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

I investigated Terry Moving before committing to a move from Jacksonville, Florida to Tucson, Arizona. The results of my investigation included reading the RipoffReport, but it also included talking to other folks who were moved by Terry Moving and who were completely satisfied. My move was a positive experience! Things happened the way I was told they would and when I was told they would.

This gentleman's complaint actually helped me feel more cvomfortable since it caused me to investigate the company closer. The complaint seems overly emotional and unrealistic. As an example, stateing that:

"My dad received the insurane claim form from Terry but my dad showed it to his insurance company first and the insurance compan! y said that the form does not look like a typical insurance cl! aim form and advised my parents not to sign it."

seems strange. I have a hard time believing there was a valid reason not to file a claim!

Regardless, my conclusions were that Terry Moving had many happy customers and I was not about to let one bad apple change my decision. The move is completed and and the results prove my decision was correct.

For the skeptical out there, let me say that I have never met Mark Terry and have no dog in this fight other than the desire to see fairness to all.
Ron

update

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Money is collected before you unload the truck .B.S., simply due to the fact that Mike used this same company and he did NOT pay the balance until the truck was unloaded! This can easily be proven by the returned check date compared to the actual invoice signed. I also made several phone calls to other moving companies and they DO NOT collect until your stuff is unloaded from the truck. I, on the other hand was called by the owner demanding that I overnight the balance prior to the truck even entering the state of TX. Do you see the standard practice followed?

It is stated that the company does not abandon its customers, but here again, when I called to report my missing things or should I say auctioned off things, the company denied knowing anything about what happened. Now as you may recall that I hired Terrys moving company in Oct 06, my stuff was taken to the storage facility, the 2nd truck load was picked up by the auctioneer, Terry learned of what happened to my stuff within 24 hrs of it being taken, I didnt leave the state until a week later, my stuff was in storage for 6 months before they brought it all to TX so from Oct 06 to Apr 07 the fact that my stuff was taken by the auction co was never disclosed to me. Were talking six months of knowing what happened, yet Terry turns it around and is trying to put the blame on us! Hows that for sticking with your customers? Or should I say sticking it to your customers!

I also like how the owner references to the fact that there were only a few missing items but let me remind you that it was $30,000 worth of missing items, which the insurance company covered less than a third. Terry is so flippant about this whole thing like we are making a big deal as if only pots and pans were missingNO! irreplaceable, valuable, sentimental things were taken. I have been violated, not once but twice.

Since the owner has been dishonest throughout this entire process, we can only assume that he figured he might as well go for broke and that is why all of the crates were broken into and stuff was taken.

Time and time again the company keeps mentioning that there was this big investigation that had cost a lot of money but the company knew what happened within 24hrs of the truck being unloaded at the warehouse, so what investigation would there be and why would it cost so much?? Unless youre talking about the cost of time it took to make up all the lies that were told to us to cover their butt.

The only way for the owner to prove this fact would be to give us the name and contact information to the auction co.
I find it hard to believe that he made no profit from what was auctioned, even if he only uses it as a tax write off, hes still benefiting from it.

NOT ONCE did the owner of the company EVER mention to us about the auction company retrieving our items. It wasnt until WE investigated and had found out what happened through other parties again other parties meaning NOT the owner of the company that was actually responsible for our belongings. And NOT ONCE did this owner apologize or recognize any wrongdoing, this is the same person who is saying that I am adding more lies and falsehoods. If you notice, in the beginning the owner denies knowing anything about what happened to our belongings and now all of a sudden hes finally admitting the truth but still accusing us of making false statements. So who is the liar??

When you go back and read this entire report through this website and several others, youll notice that our facts have remained the same, his story keeps changing.

Hes stated that in 20+ years of business, hes never had any reports filed against him until now. The BBB shows something different.

The owner keeps stating that he has nothing to hide and was cooperative with the police and the insurance agencies only he failed to inform them that our belongings were sold at auction. So if he had nothing to hide then why has it taken almost a year for him to mention the fact that the auction company took our belongings? I can only imagine that Terry would be sticking to his I dont know what happened story if WE hadnt brought out the truth.

Unfortunately, I wasnt able to bring charges against him, but Ill be damned if I sit by and do nothing after what he did. If his name is smeared, good, because no business should take advantage of any consumer, especially when we pay our hard earned money for their services. Its because of us the consumers that hes had a job for the last 20+ years but hopefully hell lose his company due to his unethical business practices. Again, if the owner was honest and worked with us from the beginning, this all could have been avoided.

Beware hard working consumers of O.C.; if you smell a putrid stench lingering above your city, you know it's a lying, fraudulent thief spewing a retched web of lies which is coming from the owner of Terry Moving and Storage located in Lake Forest, CA

#18 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gross overstatement of the facts

AUTHOR: Terry Moving And Storage - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by the reporting party and here is what I, Mark Terry, the president and owner of Terry Moving and Storage did about it.
First off, I would have filed this rebuttal way back when this happened if I knew I could.

I was contacted by my customer's son Mike Dimiceli, in May of 2007, reporting his dad was missing some home made crates that contained his tools of carpentry trade and that he was very upset. This was on a Sunday and normally we are closed. However, I told Mike I would look for his fater's goods back at the wherehouse (we stored the items there before moving them to Texas). I did not find anything and advised Mike and his Dad that these type of calls happen frequently when someone first moves in and that it sometimes takes up to a month before you find everthing. I then conducted the best in-house investigation I could. I talked to my driver, my full-time wherehouse manager and even the crew who brought them into storage and out again. I recieved 20-30 phone calls from Mike and the same number from his father and told them over and over if we find the missing items I would call them. The investigation had diffrent thoeries,
but in the end we were never able to find the missing items. So the only thing left to do was to go back to the insurance Mr. Dimiceli took out and I sent a claim form to him. This claim form was recieved as even Mike Dimiceli said he got but did not trust. Next I was contacted by the home owners insurance company and cooperated with them and it is my understanding that the goods were covered there.

As to this accusation that Terry Moving and Storage broke into the crates that were delivered, I call that a flat out lie. You know I was even contacted by the police , cooperated with them and, of course, no charges were filed. Here is the bottom line: There were some items missing. I wish I knew where there are, but I do not. I have done everything I know to do, I have cooperated with the insurance on my side and theirs and completely cooperated with the police. Things like this happen from time to time when you are moving. The only thing you can do is file an insurane claim and go on.

Incidently, they're not saying we over-charged them or held their goods hostage or any of the other bad things movers get reported for. We honored all aspects of the moving contract, it is just that some items came up missing and the insurance took care of it.

I feel terrible that someone's items came up missing, because we always strive to maintain the integrity and security of all customers posessions. This was a rare case where something went missing, and we did everything we could to resolve the situation. When we couldn't find the items and resolve the situation in that manner, we turned to the insurance claim process to resolve the situation with financial compensation for the missing items. I personally responded to the Dimiceli's about this for months and when I exhausted all options I turned it over to the insurance company. That is when I stopped taking calls and told Mike Dimiceli to file an insurance claim. I have been in business 20+ plus years and normally do 500+ moves annually, however this one complaint has smeared my reputation and is not an accurate reflection of what happened, how Terry Moving and Storage operates, or how we handled this one situation.

Mike has filed another report adding more lies and falsehoods to his claims. It is standard procedure in the moving industry to collect before you unload. All movers do this to protect themselves. Once all of the items are off the truck, there is no recourse if the customer does not pay. If there is a problem after the offload, we take care of it, and do not abandon the customer.

Mike learned about the auction house's possible involvement because of the internal investigation we did. We did everything humanly possible to find out where his items were, or what happened to them. In the end, the items were not there, and we think the auction house might have accidently picked them up.

Terry Moving and Storage did not profit or gain in any way from this mistake. It cost us a lot of money for our internal investigation and damaged our reputation. Throughout the entire incident we cooperated fully with the insurance and police, Terry Moving and Storage did nothing illeagal, and has nothing to hide.

Judge the situation for yourself, we have been in business for 20+ years, and only have one report like this filed. I look forward to talking to you folks and straighting out this ridicuous claim on my company.

Very Truly Yours

Mark Terry
President
Terry Moving and Storage

Terry Moving & Storage "Thieves-Liars-Fraud" Located in Lake Forest, California

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Here is the story. The movers came to our house and moved the majority of our stuff into one big truck, but did not have enough room to fit all of it, which left the things that were in the garage which were all the landscaping stuff, tools, etc. The first truck left and dropped off that load at the storage facility. The next day a second truck came (with different moving guys) and moved the remaining items from the garage, only the truck got to the storage building too late and so they left what was on the truck in front of the building with the intention of coming back in the morning to put everything into storage BUT thats not what happened.

Between the time our stuff was dumped in front of the building and the time the movers came back to put the stuff into storage, the auctioneer was scheduled to come and do a pick up of miscellaneous items that people hadnt claimed. The auctioneer people mistook the things that were left outside (which was our stuff) for the things they were suppose to pick up. So needless to say the auctioneer took all our things and auctioned them off!
When Terry realized what happened, he called the auctioneer to try and get our stuff back but was too late. Mind you we were still in CA and didnt leave for TX for at least a week but Terry never got in touch with us regarding any of it. Five months went by and we called Terry to let him know its time to bring our stuff to TX and in this conversation he says he needs us to overnight night the remaining balance to him even though the truck hasnt arrived with our stuff.

Now why do you think that he asked for the payment BEFORE we got our stuff??? Could it be when we realized we had all our stuff missing, we would refuse to pay him?

We never got the truth from Terry; he is to this day standing by all of his lies. But we did get the truth from two of the movers who loaded the second truck and another man named Neil who referred us to Terry and the employer of the two guys who helped with the second truck, all of whom were willing to testify in court.

Terry mentions how it is unfair that we are complaining about all of this. What is unfair is that these things that were taken were things used for a mans livelihood, tools that someone has had for over 30+ years, some were given to me, some were ones I got from other countries that I lived in trying to work my way to America, family heirlooms that were taken were a part of my grandchildrens heritage. Most of these items had a sentimental value and cannot be easily replaced! The mentality that Terry has to which I am just suppose to file a claim and move on, its not that simple.

Especially when the insurance company only pays .60cents per pound. Which makes me wonder how often this happens when it is so easily justified by telling someone to file the insurance claim and forget about it.
With Terrys numerous file the insurance claim comments, we made it clear to him that we were not interested in filing for insurance money, that we only wanted our stuff back and even offered a no questions asked reward for the return or our things.

We had every intention of filing charges against the company but Texas refused to file anything due to the fact that they couldnt prove where the crime took place CA or TX. The same with the O.C. Sheriff and District Attorney. No attorney is willing to take the case even with witnesses due to the fact that Terry hides behind his contract. Yes the contract warns you to count your boxes before you sign but how can you count it all the way they label everything? You couldnt, you would have to go item by item which would take a day or two and the company wouldnt allow their driver to stay on site while we counted all of our items.

Not only was the second truckload auctioned off but customized crates that I built myself were gone through and either things were missing or they were moved around. For instance I put an item in one box but when I received the box this item was someplace else. How do you account for missing items that were inside locked crates? Certain things were packed in these crates for a reason and I know what was in there when I packed it and I know what wasnt there when I unpacked it.

Yes Terry received many phone calls due to the fact that as I was unpacking, I was noticing things that were missing so I called to keep him updated as the list grew. Who wouldnt call when they know that their things have been taken?
To this day there has been no apologies, no offers of compensation to make up for what the insurance company didnt cover, or even the truth. Terry got paid for 5-6 months of storage, the move, the percentage he made off the auctioneer for MY stuff and to top it all off, I was overcharged for the number of storage crates I used. So to me, Terry got paid several times over and he still has the nerve so say were screwing him over???!!!
This is the same person who in fact threatened to sue me in the rebuttal from the BBB for filing this report.

In reference to the investigation having different theories, how could there have been an investigation when Terry knew what happened from the start. Everything Terry has stated is made up stories to cover his own butt. Which only makes him and his company look even worse because he continues to keep these lies going thinking he can fool us, but he hasnt fooled anyone because we know the truth. Before Terry turns around and denies all of this, how can he deny what witnesses are willing to testify in court!

If Terry would have been up front with us from the beginning and tried to work with us, all of this could have been avoided but instead he chooses to believe his own lies and continues to put blame everywhere except where it belongs. Until Terry takes responsibility for his actions, I will continue to inform the public of his wrongdoing.

So beware consumers of O.C., there is a lying, fraudulent thief looming in the shadows of your city.

#20 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gross overstatement of the facts

AUTHOR: Terry Moving And Storage - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by the reporting party and here is what I, Mark terry did about it.
First off I would have filed this rebuttal way back when this happened if I knew I could. Now, I was contacted by my customer's son Mike Dimiceli, in May of 2007,
reporting his dad was missing some home made crates that contained his tools of trade ( carpenter I think ) and that he was very upset. This was on a Sunday and normally we are closed. However, I told Mike I would look for his fater's goods back at the wherehouse ( we stored the stuff there before moving them to Texas ). I did not find a thing and advised Mike and his Dad that these type of calls happens frequently when someone first moves in and that it sometimes takes up to a month before you find everthing. I then conducted the best in house investigation I could. I talked to my driver, my full time wherehouse manager and even the crew who brought them into storage and out again. I recieved 20-30 phone calls from Mike and the same from his father and told them over and over if we find the missing items I would call them. The investigation had diffrent thoeries,
but in the end we were never able to find thew missing items. So the only thing left to do was to go back to insurance Mr. Dimiceli took out and I sent a claim form to him. This claim form was recieved as even Mike Dimiceli said he got but did not trust. Next I was contacted by the home owners insurance company and cooperated with them and it is my understanding that the goods were covered there.

As to this accusation that Terry Moving and Storage broke into the crates that were delivered I call that a flat out lie. You know I was even contacted by the police , cooperated with them and of course no charges were filed or any thing. Here is the bottom line. There were some items missing. I wish I knew where there are, but I do not. I have done everything I know to do, I have cooperated with the insurance on my side and their's and even the police. Things like this happen from time to time when you are moving. The only thing you can do is file an insurane claim and go on.

Incidently, their not saying we over charged them or held their goods hostage or any of the other bad things movers get called on. We honored all of those, it is just that some items came up missing and the insurance took care of it. I personally responded to the Dimiceli's about this for months and when I exusted all options I turned it over to the insurance company. That is when I stopped taking calls and simply told Mike Dimiceli to file a claim. I have been in business 20- plus years and normally do 500 moves annually, however this complaint has smeared my reputation and is not fair at all. I look forward to talking to you folks and straighting out this rediculuos claim on my company...
Very Truley Yours
Mark Terry

#21 Consumer Suggestion

Michael, Terry Moving & Storage.

AUTHOR: Dennis Ray - (U.S.A.)

Michael,

Have you called the police or O.C. Sheriff on these creeps? Looks and smells like a felony to me?

#22 Consumer Suggestion

Check Ebay

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Start checking Ebay, Craig's List & the local newspaper for your stuff!

depend