Complaint Review: Texaco Express Lube

• Submitted: Tue, February 11, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 11, 2003

• Reported By:Montgomery Alabama
Texaco Express Lube
2520 Crawford Rd Phenix City, Alabama U.S.A.

Texaco Express Lube Rip-off dishonest work safety liability Pheonix City Alabama

On Friday, 2-7-03,I used texaco express lube in phenix city for a routine oil change- I was confronted by Gerald-a technician at texaco express lube in phenix city-he communicated to me that my air filter was dirty-and needed replacing-I kindly thanked him, but said that I will get it replaced at a later time-I then asked Gerald if he had checked the tires-because the right front tire looked low-he stated that he checked all the tires, and they all were fine-and the right tire had 32 lbs/pressure-

As I drove 10 min down the high way-I decided to stop at a gas station and check out the right front tire-to double check-the gauge measured 20 lbs in the right front tire-I immediately added 12 lbs-then drove 90 miles home. The next two days, I checked the tire to see if there was any air loss-the gauge still read 32 lbs. Today, 2-11-03, the gauge still reads 32lbs-but obviously there must be a slow leak involved, for the tire to have dropped to 20 lbs over a three month time period.

This problem may not be a big deal to some people-but the way I look at it is such. I would NEVER make a big deal over a technician telling me they filled my wiper fluid, and did not actually do so. But when you start telling me you have checked the air in my tires, and didn't, you begin risking my life, and the lives of others. It is one thing to forget to do something, it's another to be reminded, but to still show no concern for that person's safety.

I travel for a living, mostly highway-at speeds consistently in the range of 55-75 mph. There is no way I'm letting this dishonesty go by without bringing it to the attention of texaco's administration. They are fortunate this incident didn't cause a major accident.

Robert
Montgomery, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2003 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texaco-Express-Lube/Phenix-City-Alabama-36867/Texaco-Express-Lube-Rip-off-dishonest-work-safety-liability-Pheonix-City-Alabama-45043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texaco Express Lube