Complaint Review: Texaco Xpress Lube 1013

• Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012

• Reported By: Pam — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Texaco Xpress Lube 1013
1953 HOWELL MILL RD NW Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Texaco Xpress Lube 1013 Havoline Express Lube Failure to Provide Paid for Service Endangering Cars and Passengers Atlanta, Georgia

This store has failed to provide a paid for service.

On April 3, 2012, I brought my car to Texco XPress Lube to have a routine oil change after my cars system indicated the need for an oil change.  When I picked up the car, the store's employee assured me that the service was complete. Thus, I paid $90 for a synthetic oil change service.  Texaco XPress Lube's employee assured me the service was complete.  Additionally, I was told by their technician that he was unable to turn off the indicator light and that it was likely to remain on until I took the car in for regularly scheduled maintenance.

I drove the car for 4 weeks.  Yesterday, Tuesday, May 1, I was surprised when the yellow oil indicator light changed to red to warn of the immediate need to add oil.  I stopped immediately at the nearest oil change shop and asked that they quickly check my oil; they confirmed there was very little, if any oil in my car.  You can imagine my dismay given the possible damage that may have occurred driving the car with no oil.   The other oil change store immediately added oil to the car, and offered to speak to someone from Texaco XPress Lube confirming their findings.  Livid, I called your store at about 6:15 PM, to discuss what I had found.  The assistant store manager said they had tapes of everything that happens in their store and that she would review with her manager and contact me the next day in hopes of resolving the situation.  I did not receive a call.  I called the store myself, only to be rung up on by one of their associates.

It is important to note that since the other oil change store added oil to the car, the oil light has not come on again and they did not reset any warning light.

My suspicion is that Texaco XPress Lube store did nothing to my car.  Unbeknowst to me, I continued to drive my car on the oil I had when I came and left Texaco Xpress Lube without a change or addition to my oil.  I also suspect I did not receive a new filter either.  For, was it the case that the tapes proved otherwise, I surely would have received a call back from their manager confirming the same.

I am disgusted with how they have taken advantage of me as a woman and simply lied to me about a service charged but not provided.  Locations like this should be out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texaco-Xpress-Lube-1013/Atlanta-Georgia-30318/Texaco-Xpress-Lube-1013-Havoline-Express-Lube-Failure-to-Provide-Paid-for-Service-Endanger-877425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texaco Xpress Lube 1013