Complaint Review: Texaco Xpress Lube

• Updated: Tue, July 12, 2011

• Reported By: Latrell — Bradenton Florida United States of America
Texaco Xpress Lube
Cortez Rd W. Bradenton, Florida United States of America

Texaco Xpress Lube They did a radiator flush on my car and ruined my car Bradenton, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Don't fall for that crap

*General Comment: Maybe gunk in the cooling system masked the problem

*Consumer Comment: 3 months later?

*Consumer Comment: What are you claiming that they did?

I went to Texaco Xpress Lube to get an oil change, they told me I needed a radiator flush. They told me they will give me a free oil change if I get the radiator flush. So I did, so 3 months later I seen I did not have any coolant in my car, so I took my car back to them and I do not know what he did, but he told me I had an air bubble and that's why it was not any fluid in the container. So he put some water in it, after that day, I found oil in the coolant. I took it back to them and they told me to take it to my mechanic, I had a blowed head gasket. I call them and a guy came to check out my car and had me believing they was going to fix, saying that it shouldn't be no problem to fix, and told my mechanic to give him an estimate and he will call him and me back. But he didn't he had someone else call to tell me they were not going to fix it. The guy lied and told the VP, that me and my mechanic said it wasn't their fault. Please do not use the services. We are currently seeking a lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2011 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texaco-Xpress-Lube/Bradenton-Florida-34210/Texaco-Xpress-Lube-They-did-a-radiator-flush-on-my-car-and-ruined-my-car-Bradenton-Flori-751580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texaco Xpress Lube

Don't fall for that crap

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Just drain and refill your radiator every five years or so.

Why would you even go for that shiit? Was you car overheating?

Go to the gm dealer and get some "coolant tablets", drop some in.  Might help.

Don't be a sucker.

#2 General Comment

Maybe gunk in the cooling system masked the problem

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Maybe gunk in the cooling system prior to the flush masked an already existing problem with the head gasket, its seals, whatever. As soon as the gunk was washed out, the leak was bared.  I can't say this for sure, but I've been told in past that many leaks in a car can be masked by gunk that collects around a bad seal, only to raise its head as soon as a fluid is changed out. I expect the more mechanically educated who post here will weigh in on that.

3 months later?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

This is one of the reasons I got out of computer service.  No matter what you do on someones computer, they think the next thing that happens to it is your fault because you were the last one who worked on it whether the incidents have any relationship at all.

Car mechanics run into this all the time too.

What are you claiming that they did?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

What you describe is the result of a blown head gasket, not the cause.   A blown head gasket will cause your coolant to slowly leak into the combustion chambers and oil passages.   That would explain why the coolant was low 3 months later.  It was leaking into the engine through the blown gasket.

Did your mechanic explain to you (or your lawyer) how flushing a cooling system could result in a blown head gasket?  I've never heard of that before and can't imagine how that could be mechanically possible.   Blown head gaskets are almost always the result of overheating.