Complaint Review: Texaco

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
12950 Coit Road Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Texaco On Coit Road In Dallas Cheated me out of .03 of gas (Think and read about it before you think it is stupid) Dallas Texas

I would like to let you know of an incident that happened at Texaco this morning. I went to the station at 12950 Coit Rd, Dallas, TX 75251 to get gas this morning at around 9:20. I tried to use my credit card outside at the pump, and was told that my transaction was denied and that I would have to see the cashier. I went inside and used THE SAME CREDIT CARD for $10 worth of gas, and it was approved. I went outside to pump my gas, and the pump turned OFF at $9.97. It didn't slow down, and I made sure that it had actually turned off.

I was late for work, and it was 28 degrees, and I thought- hey it's only 3 cents, so I did not pursue it any further. However, as I was driving I began to think that with the volume of cars that probably come through that station, if he is making a $.03 profit on every one, he is probably making a killing, preying off people who, like myself, think "well, it's only 3 cents". It still sounds kind of stupid, but with the economy as bad as it is...

I have reported the incident to Chevron. I am sure it was the operator, not corporate policy, but we will see what they have to say.

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texaco/Dallas-Texas-75251/Texaco-On-Coit-Road-In-Dallas-Cheated-me-out-of-03-of-gas-Think-and-read-about-it-before-399827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texaco