Complaint Review: Texan GMC

• Phone: 800-520-5378
  • Web:
  • Category:

Texan GMC False advertising humble, Texas

I emailed the dealership about a truck they listed on Autotrader and I was told to go in and deal on it. I drove down to Houston from Temple ( 3hrs) and when I got there I was told that the vehicle was sold the night before and they showed me some other vehicles. Working previously in a car dealership I understand that that was a possible scenario.  I did not purchase a vehicle from them and continued to look. About 1 hour after I left the dealership I checked the status of the vehicle online. Not only was the vehicle still listed but they went in and raised the price of it. I called under a different name to see if it was available and I was told it was. I asked the salesperson to make sure before I drove there from out of town and he told me he was looking at it. This was a total bait and switch. They never had the vehicle that was listed or they were not going to sell it at their advertised price. I have the autotrader ads before and after my visit that shows they changed the price. Also, if they did sell the vehicle before I arrived it shows that they are knowingly advertising a vehicle they do not have since not only did they keep it listed for sale but they raised the price.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2010 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texan-GMC/humble-Texas-77338/Texan-GMC-False-advertising-humble-Texas-562402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texan GMC