- Report: #834990
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Texas Career Solutions
Texas Career Solutions15305 Dallas Pkwy. #300 Addison, Texas United States of America
Texas Career Solutions Kent Miller Promised call backs from interested employers within 72 hours Addison, Texas
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Kent Miller and Texas Career Solutions, the cliff notes version:
Take your money, $700-900 in cash, and either throw it in the toilet and flush, or burn it (I wouldn't actually suggest this-defamation/destruction of U.S. Currency). Watch carefully as it disappears. Feel stupid. Think of other ways and things you could have spent your money on. Feel even more stupid. Now you just have a much lighter wallet and nothing to show for it.
- Kent Miller will promise to get you calls from prospective employers within 72 hours of your application or resume submission.
- What he actually does...asks for your login info for LinkedIn (if you already have an account), or will create a new account if you don't. Then he will proceed to have you added to his master list of LinkedIn open networkers, LIONs, and a handful of various other people.
- He then has you add yourself to as many groups as you can possibly think of on LinkedIn.
- Kent also asks that you email and Cc (his concierge) a copy of the positions you apply to.
- He says he will have someone look over your resume and or create one for you.
In my case, he looked at mine, asked if it was professionally done (it was not, I personally created it), and said he probably wouldn't need to make any changes. I got an email back with some suggestions, and boy were they terrible. I had to email the person multiple times to make the necessary grammatical corrections and even then I stuck with what I had since their suggestions were sub-par for someone with my qualifications.
- He then gives you several documents to use as an example of how to contact people on LinkedIn to accept your invite request.
Now, did any of this work. Obviously not, because if it did, I would not be posting this on Ripoff Report. I had to contact him 3 or 4 times to resend my resume out. He mentioned that he was sending this out to all of his contacts. Do I have any way of proving he did, NO. I have to take the results of his effort as his word. There is no putting his money where his mouth is, because I received ZERO phone calls, ZERO call backs, ZERO interviews, ZERO job offerings, ZERO...! You get the point.
If you are looking for a job, save yourself the trouble and do not deal with this company. If I can at least save one person from having to shell out their hard earned money for nothing, I'll at least feel better about the money I personally wasted.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Career-Solutions/Addison-Texas-75001/Texas-Career-Solutions-Kent-Miller-Promised-call-backs-from-interested-employers-within-72-834990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.