Complaint Review: Texas Department Of Transportation & North Texas Tollways

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2008

• Reported By:Howe Texas
Texas Department Of Transportation & North Texas Tollways
texastollways.com , Texas U.S.A.

Texas Department Of Transportation & North Texas Tollways State practices shady vehicle data Dallas, Austin Texas

For those that didn't know (I am one) In Texas if you move from one address to another, even if you change your vehicle registration when you move ( I did do that) The title to your vehicle does NOT change. Then when you happen to use a tollway that has no toll booths (I.E. 121 Tollway, Lewisville to McKinney) and a sign that says "No tolltag, no worry we will bill you" they send the bill to the address on your title, NOT registration. I moved in 2006, changed my registration on all vehicles as required by law. Used the tollway mentioned above not knowing the bills were going to my old address (a year later might I add) Now I have violations for not paying the toll bills I never got to begin with. I have contacted, all government enities involved and get the same stuff, "you should have paid the extra and changed your title as well as your registration".
I have over 300 bucks in violations, and I have offered to pay the tolls, but not the violations since I was not aware of the toll charged to begin with.
Recently I piad-off one vehicle and when I went to the local county clerk to get the title changed (before I knew about the above) She told me there was no reason to chage the title unless of coursr I just like paying the extra fee for title change, as long as my registration was where I live.
Be careful in Texas, the different government offices do not share info, they mislead you about Titles, registration and the Texas Tollway System will rip you off.
Yeah if I was contacted by an attorney, or the media I would make sure everyone in Texas or thinking about moving here would know about this scam and thats just what it is, a scam by the Texas Tollways, and the State of Texas Department of Transportation!

Rusty
Howe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 02:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Department-Of-Transportation-North-Texas-Tollways/Texas/Texas-Department-Of-Transportation-North-Texas-Tollways-State-practices-shady-vehicle-da-349969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Department Of Transportation & North Texas Tollways

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC