Complaint Review: Texas Direct Auto

• Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: cstrickland — Amarillo Texas United States of America
Texas Direct Auto
12053 SW Freeway Stafford, Texas United States of America

Texas Direct Auto BUYER BEWARE! NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH TEXAS DIRECT AUTO Stafford, Texas

*Consumer Comment: This Was STUPID To Start With

On March 1, 2010, I purchased via phone a vehicle from Texas Direct Auto and put a $500 deposit on my credit card.  That day, I received the paperwork via e-mail.  I immediately completed the paperword and sent overnight priority delivery and wired the remaining $25,230.14 which included a $600 fee to deliver the vehicle.  After that, I heard nothing from the dealership.  I placed numerous calls and sent numerous e-mails to the dealership which were ignored or was told that the shipping manager or someone else would get back with us on shipping information.  However, they did not.  After 2 weeks, I called to ask to speak with Customer Service Manager.  Diana took the call and said that someone would call me right back.  No one called back.  I called again and asked to speak with the General Manager or Owner.  They said that they were not allowed to transfer calls to this person.  I again called Diana and she became defensive and began yelling.  I called back and got the Director of Finace Todd Yarbrough.  I told him that I did not want to do business with them and asked for a refund.  He said that it would be wired the following day.  I sent an email to him to confirm our conversation and he said that it would be sent by check when he could get 2 signatures but would not committ to when that would be.  I provided him with an overnight delivery account information and requested a confirmation number of it being sent.  He has not responded.

During this process, no one ever apologized or even offered to correct the problem.

I have never filled out a complaint on any business.  This is the most unprofessional business I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Direct-Auto/Stafford-Texas-77477/Texas-Direct-Auto-BUYER-BEWARE-NEVER-DO-BUSINESS-WITH-TEXAS-DIRECT-AUTO-Stafford-Texas-706536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Direct Auto

This Was STUPID To Start With

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Here you go wiring off money to buy a used car you've never seen nor have you had the chance to have checked out in advance of purchase. Absolutely incredible! I guess common sense isn't one of your strong points. Could it be this chain of events saved you from making a huge mistake? Or will you now go elsewhere to buy a used car sight unseen on the internet? Perhaps you should use some of that money to seek a professional evaluation. Something clearly is missing.