Complaint Review: Texas Sun Insurance

• Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Txflower — Texas United States of America
Texas Sun Insurance
1816 Harwood Court Hurst, Texas United States of America

Texas Sun Insurance Progressive insurance Texas Sun Insurance lied, ripped me off, do not use, beware, shady characters Hurst, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner-Texas Sun Insurance Agency

Progressive Insurance and Texas Sun won't return refund due after cancellation. Don't get ripped off go elsewhere!!!!!

I obtained a vehicle insurance policy from Texas Sun Insurance for Progressive Insurance. After checking the rates of the competition, I obtained a policy with a different company and cancelled my policy with Progressive Insurance the same day. Two weeks ago, I received a refund from Progressive Insurance for the unused portion of my policy. However, they subtracted $157.00 from the amount of the check. Under the belief that a mistake was made, I immediately called Progressive Insurance. I was informed that they (Progressive) have been given the ability by the State of Texas to take 10% of the cost of a cancelled policy. This means that a policy which was quoted at $133.00 per month ended up costing me $302.00 for 28 days of coverage.??I ended up talking to a total of 5 company representatives over a two day period. Finally after realizing that this company just plain wanted to rip me off, I determined that my energy would be better spent informing everyone possible about Progressive Insurance Texas Sun and their scheme. This agency knows what they are selling, and its a total rip-off beware!.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2012 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Sun-Insurance/Hurst-Texas-/Texas-Sun-Insurance-Progressive-insurance-Texas-Sun-Insurance-lied-ripped-me-off-do-no-871859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Sun Insurance

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner-Texas Sun Insurance Agency

AUTHOR: Texas Sun Insurance Agency - (United States of America)

In response to your report I have researched my agencies book of business with Progressive and we show no cancellations from January 1 2012 until April 30, 2012. I also spoke with all employees in the agency and no one has any record of this incident. We keep records any time a customer has problems with one of the companies we represent. We are terribly sorry for any problems you may of had with Progressive Insurance but request you not use our agency name when reporting your incident. If you still think it was our agency that you dealt with please contact our office and we will be happy to assist you with your problem. I also contacted Progressive directly in regards to this complaint and they show no records related to what you had written in the report.