Complaint Review: Texas Tollways

• Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By: avocadoallyson — Austin Texas United States of America
Texas Tollways
Austin, Texas United States of America

Texas Tollways TxTag late bill, overcharge, exessive fines, poor customer service Austin, Texas

Both of the cars in my household are titled to me, but my husband has a TxTag account for the car he drives. As far as we know, the tag has never worked. Repeated calls to customer service have not fixed the problem.

Repeated calls to customer service still render TxTag incapable of having an up-to-date address for us on file.

TxTag does not send bills in a timely manner. We only get them after nonpayment fines have been accrued. Repeated calls about late bills have not fixed the problem.

Because of their gross incompetence, I am on the hook (since the car is in my name) for $460.00 worth of tolls and fines, due by the 25th. If not paid, I will be reported to collections.

While I understand that, as the title holder, I am legally responsible to pay all tolls, the fact is that TxTag failed to fix the problem with the TxTag, failed to send bills on time (racking up fees), and failed to help after we complained about late bills. They are trying to gouge me because of their incompetence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Tollways/Austin-Texas-78757/Texas-Tollways-TxTag-late-bill-overcharge-exessive-fines-poor-customer-service-Austin-907829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Tollways