Complaint Review: Texas Tollways

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Philip — Temple Texas United States of America
Texas Tollways
PO Box 16777 Austin, Texas United States of America

Texas Tollways CTRMA Processing Trying to get illegal exxesive charges Austin , Texas

Earlier this week I received the first letter from Texas Tollways stating I owed them $63.47.  I contacted Texas tollways imediately to tell them that I thought that we'd already paid the bill.  The agent advised me to find the bill and call them back.  I found the bill and called them back I was then advised that this bill  was a different tollway.  If this was a different tollway then this was the first letter that I had received regarding this issue they told me that it was the third letter that they had sent out regarding this matter. I advised them that it was the first corespondence in regards to this matter at which point the representitive became incensed which leads me to beleive that this is a way for them to get more money out of people.  If I used the tolway I will gladly pay the original bill of $3.47 although I cannot remember using the tollway.  They are stating that the original bill date was 05/04/12 which we never received, they are also claiming that they sent a second letter which we never received.  In my opinion these people are no more than modern day highway robers.  I thought Dick Turpin died in the 17th century.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Tollways/Austin-Texas-78761/Texas-Tollways-CTRMA-Processing-Trying-to-get-illegal-exxesive-charges-Austin-Texas-944040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Tollways