Complaint Review: Texas Tollways

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: kas — Sandia Texas
Texas Tollways
PO Box 650749, Dallas, Tx 0749 , Select State/Province USA

Texas Tollways Rip Off and Fraudulent charges Fraud, fraudulent late fees and admin fees, duplicate billing if you get a bill, late charges on bills that are never mailed out by company Dallas Texas

Texas Tollways is broke due to poor management and deceptive trade practices. Phone numbers on the bill can not be accessed one is disconnected and your lucky if you wait 25 minutes for an operator to pick up. Most of the time the toll number is busy, it was busy for three days in a row in Feb 11-13, 2013. I finally got to speak with someone on Feb 14th after waiting for 15 minutes, about my bill but they refused to talk to me (the wife and accounts payable of the household) The bill reflects a past due account from 7/25 for 10.15 which was paid 8/1/2013. Not late The tolls at each pass thru were the same on the way up to Nebraska. Coming back a week later they had doubled and tripled There are late fees and administration fees attached but she could not explain them other than its on the bill. Now the fact is, Its the first bill I received for this particular trip. I waited in anticipation to see if they would pull the same BS as the last bill. They did. Instead of paying a corrected bill and their refusal to correct the bill because I am not the owner of the vehicle in there eyes I am forced to contest the bill all together rather than paying I drove the truck to and fro not denying that, I was driving my husbands truck, I received the bill because of wait for it "I am the wife living at the same residence" I own an RV Park and have the nightmares of everyone that tries to use the tollway. They won't ever get back on it again. They raised the prices, why I do not know as there no person running any toll they are all automated now, there are no restrooms at all. They closed them. They are there but you can't use them. every person and driver has had the same issue with the fraudulent charges the supposed missing bill Texas Tollway can not tell you actually went out. There envelopes are not date stamped in any way. I recommend no one using the toll. It's not worth the headache and time spent after the fact. Just take the long way around. Apparently the only ones without issues are those that have an account and check it regularly or keep funds in it. I am reluctant to hand over so much information to a "state agency" who can't even add or explain a bill and are completely in-accessible by phone. I don't imagine it would be any better over the internet. For the amount they were billing to use the toll twice I could have used that amount they are billing me to fill my truck and drive all the way the around or take the back roads. Totally disgusted with government and its lack of brains and putting the state in a liable position for a class action law suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Tollways/Select-StateProvince/Texas-Tollways-Rip-Off-and-Fraudulent-charges-Fraud-fraudulent-late-fees-and-admin-fees-1123537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Tollways