Complaint Review: Texas Utility - TXU

• Updated: Tue, April 04, 2006

• Reported By:McKinney Texas
Texas Utility - TXU
Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Texas Utility - TXU Ripoff Double Bill and Adding Charges from Someone elses account to my account Dallas Texas

I was double billed.. Then after told it was in error, to adjust it off of next months bill... Then our power was shut off.. Forcing us to pay $847 in new deposits, reconnects, disconnects, and the original double billing amount that TXU was supposed to take off of our account... I requested a call back and an audit by the Dallas, Tx office.. After never receving the many call backs promised by the phillipino cust serv agents.. I called to speak to a mgr to see what had been done on our account... I explained to the mgr that we had not had resolution and previously TJ called and paid the money in error (that same day i tried to get them to stop that transaction knowing how txu is)... The mgr acted like I gave him my wrong DL# and asked for TJ's social... I gave it to him... After I gave him TJ's social he proceeded to tell me that my boyfriend and I were married and that TJ had $857 on his acct owed... And, I will now have to pay that in the next 2 days... I emphatically denied being married and he and other managers now tell me I have to show proof of a divorce to have the $ taken off of my acct... I was never married so how do I show proof of a divorce? After further research we found that the $857 was not even due by TJ but it was an account set up with his social, his 4yr olds daughters name, and for an address held by his ex wife... That is now a whopping $1700 plus what we paid for March and plus what we owed for April of $400 for a total of $1*00 in 10 days... I have called every where hoping to have someone help... No one no matter where in TXU are willing to help or even look into my acct.

I have filed a complaint with the PUC but resolution can take upto 3 weeks... Does anyone have any suggestions of how to deal with TXU and there off shore incompetant customer service agents?

Adine
McKinney, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2006 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Utility-TXU/Dallas-Texas/Texas-Utility-TXU-Ripoff-Double-Bill-and-Adding-Charges-from-Someone-elses-account-to-my-184952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Utility - TXU