patients

• Submitted: Wed, April 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 11, 2009

• Reported By:HOUSTON Texas
Texas Workers Compenation Act,Texas Department Of Insurance
333 Guadalupe AUSTIN, Texas U.S.A.

Texas Workers Compenation Act,Texas Department Of Insurance your relatives will get ripped off in Texas if you do not leave a will and have insurance and you DIE! AUSTIN Texas

* : WE WERE LIED TO

*Author of original report: IF YOU DIE ON THE JOB, THE STATE OF TEXAS COMPTROLLER'S OFFICE SEIZES YOUR LAST PAYCHECK TOO

CHAPTER 408. WORKERS' COMPENSATION BENEFITS

LABOR CODE

TITLE 5. WORKERS' COMPENSATION

SUBTITLE A. TEXAS WORKERS' COMPENSATION ACT

CHAPTER 408. WORKERS' COMPENSATION BENEFITS

SUBCHAPTER J. DEATH AND BURIAL BENEFITS

My cousin let me move in until I got my Social Security Disability Benefits. I was unable to work due to age discrimination and the disability I received in 2002.

When he died suddenly on the job, I found myself suddenly faced with homelessness because my lawyer is still working on my case.

The workman's compensation insurance called me and thought that I might have a case. BUT I didn't because IN TEXAS, THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO QUALIFY FOR WORKERS COMP INSURANCE ARE PARENTS(HIS WERE BOTH DEAD FROM THE SAME HEART PROBLEM THAT KILLED HIM) , WIFE (HE WASN'T MARRIED) AND CHILDREN( WHICH HE DID NOT HAVE). HE WAS ALSO THE LAST SURVIVING SIBLING.

THERE IS NOBODY ELSE! JUST ME AND I HAVE THE SAME HEART CONDITION HE DID.

I WAS THE ONLY LIVING RELATIVE BUT I LEARNED THAT EVEN IF HE HAD SPECIFIED ME AS BEING THE ONLY LIVING RELATIVE AND HEIR IN HIS WILL THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ELIGIBLE TO GET ANY ASSISTANCE THROUGH THE WORKER'S COMPENSATION INSURANCE IN TEXAS!

I "MIGHT" GET REIMBURSED FOR ANY FUNERAL EXPENSES THAT I PAID OUT OF POCKET BUT SOMEHOW CONSIDERING THIS IS TEXAS , I DOUBT IT SERIOUSLY.
THEY WILL ONLY REIMBURSE YOU $6,000 FOR A FUNERAL AND FOR MEDICAL BILLS FOR THE LAST INCIDENT AND THAT IS ALL.

I HOPE MY LAWYER CAN HELP ME. I HAVE THE SAME HEREDITARY HEART CONDITION MY COUSIN HAD ONLY NOT AS BAD.

HE DID NOT HAVE A WILL BECAUSE HE HAD NO PROPERTY OVER $2,5000.

I WAS THE ONLY FAMILY HE HAD LEFT.

I LET HIM HAVE MY BURIAL PLOT AND TRIED TO GIVE HIM A GOOD FUNERAL CONSIDERING IT HAPPENED SO FAST.

NOTHING WILL REPLACE HIM IN MY LIFE BUT I THINK THE WORKMAN'S COMPENSATION COULD HAVE BEEN MORE FLEXIBLE.

THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE AND I WILL BE HOMELESS AT THE END OF THE MONTH WHEN HIS LEASE RUNS OUT. I am old and I feel like my life is gone. He was going to get life insurance Monday but he never made it...He died Friday.

BIG INSURANCE RUNS THIS STATE SO UNTIL THE STATE LEGISLATORS STOP ACCEPTING THE FREE BREAKFASTS AND OTHER FREE MEALS AT A CERTAIN DOWNTOWN LANDMARK RESTAURANT, I GUESS NO OTHER RELATIVE WILL BE ABLE TO BE ASSISTED AND I AM NOT SURE HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE ASSISTED FROM THESE FOLKS EITHER.

The survivors benefits go to Big Insurance who doesn't need it.

Other Survivors Need Help Too
HOUSTON, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2009 10:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-Workers-Compenation-ActTexas-Department-Of-Insurance/AUSTIN-Texas-78701/Texas-Workers-Compenation-ActTexas-Department-Of-Insurance-your-relatives-will-get-ripped-442131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Workers Compenation Act,Texas Department Of Insurance

#1

WE WERE LIED TO

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I called the Comptroller of Public Accounts in Austin,Texas in reference the Unclaimed property fund and was told that neither one of my cousin's paychecks had been deposited in the Unclaimed Property as we had been told by his boss so I guess the giy just took them and kept them and cashed them.

We had to scramble to cover his share of the rent and utilities because it was that financiallydepressed.

His boss has a postgraduate degree, why did he need my cousin's money?

I would call the IRS but what good would it do?

DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR A PRIVATE SECURITY COMPANY WHERE YOU HAVE TO WEAR A GUN AND NOT HAVE A WILL MADE OUT TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

When I went to my cousin's employer to get the two pay checks that were coming to him, his boss informed me that both checks had been SEIZED by the STATE OF TEXAS COMPTROLLER'S OFFICE AND PUT IN THE UNCLAIMED PROPERTY FUND!

THE STATE OF TEXAS IS REALLY STOOPING PRETTY LOW TO TAKE THE LAST PAYCHECKS FROM AN ELDERLY,DISABLED RELATIVE.

I will be getting an attorney Mlonday or Tuesday.

I am finding out a lot of REAL ULGY STUFF about this State that I did not know happened...