Complaint Review: Texas department of motor vehicle

• Submitted: Tue, March 06, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Shawn — grand prairie Texas United States of America
Texas department of motor vehicle
3901 West Arkansas Lane Suite 111 arlington, Texas United States of America

Texas department of motor vehicle Arlington DPS over charging for title transfers and fees, $375.00 for a car i bout for 2500 there charging taxes for 4000 arlington, Texas

I am being screwed like everyone else in tx for simply trying to register my car in my name. $370.75 to put it in my name is ridiculous. 25.00 late fee is bull.. They are trying to tell me I have to pay them a % of what the car cost, although they think my car cost $4000.00 cause of Kelly blue book.

Although at kbb.com the $4000 is for excellent condition, my car is in far worse condition then excellent!!!  I bought it for $2500 because of the condition it was in yet they are forcing me to pay a % of  $4000 and not what I actually paid for the car but what they think I should pay is insane.

On top of that their charging $25.00 late fee, how can I catch up my money to pay the $370 if they keep adding $25.00 Im not rich and cant really afford the $370 as is. How the h*ll can they charge me $4000 when I only paid $2500????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texas-department-of-motor-vehicle/arlington-Texas-/Texas-department-of-motor-vehicle-Arlington-DPS-over-charging-for-title-transfers-and-fees-849668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas department of motor vehicle