Complaint Review: Texasautoonline

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2011

• Reported By:Yorkton Saskatchewan
Texasautoonline
5531 Mitchelldale St. Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Texasautoonline Sly and cumming operation. Use only pay Pal or your money is gone Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: www.TexasAutoOnline.com Fairy telling Salesman Buyer beware

*Consumer Comment: Very Doubtful...

Give a best offer on a 2006 vehicle listed on e-bay. The offer was accepted and the salesperson took a $200.00 deposit of a credit card. They advertise that they have been selling online for a few years. After e-mailing back and forth a number of times because of inaccuracies on the buyer's order document I finally got a correct one signed by someone at the dealership as it's difficult to make out the signature. However after some research it was pointed out to me that the car is insured against fraud only if bought through the auction.

The dealership never cancelled the listing even though the vehicle was sold. The vehicle was re-listed and the dealership assured me that the vehicle would be made available to me once I resubmitted my previous offer. I submitted the offer. Rather than close the listing they ran it till the end time.
They did not honour their word and the vehicle went to another bidder.

I attempted to contact the saleperson by phone ,no answer. I e-mailed the saleperson requesting an explanation, but received no reply.
Is this the type of dealership you should do business with? Give it some serious thought before you purchase a vehicle from this dealership.

Lorne
Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texasautoonline/Houston-Texas-77092/Texasautoonline-Sly-and-cumming-operation-Use-only-pay-Pal-or-your-money-is-gone-Houston-344756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texasautoonline

www.TexasAutoOnline.com Fairy telling Salesman Buyer beware

AUTHOR: B rush - (U.S.A.)

I am in north Texas and purchased a car online from Texas Auto Online because Ken McArdle told me that they have mechanics that go all over the US inspecting and buying the cars that they sell. He told me that the mechanics inspect the cars three times. And he emailed me Being that Texas Auto On-Line is the largest on-line auto dealer in the World (Selling High-Line Vehicles), we bulk buy our vehicles at executive demo auctions World Wide and we only buy the finest quality vehicles. we only sell show room quality vehicles.

This guy Ken ( (((Redacted)))) lives in the Magical World of Wishes and Dreams. He is a kid's story telling author and it carries over to his USED car selling. See his countless made up bedtime stories prepared him to write and be a great USED car sales man. ON the about us page, he says-I thought I would use my story telling imagination to inspire..." Think about it-What do you do Mr. McArdle? I sell Used cars and tell stories, Yes I am suuuuuuuuuure yoooou dooooo. No...literally I do, Ask my sales manager, he pays me well for my story telling.

Used car salesman gets inspiration from his story telling imagination...literally.

Again he told me that the buyers of their cars are mechanics, that they inspect the cars 3 times for issues-well even a one eyed monkey could see the leak that the rearend had and the engine was covered in oil and grime. Then Ole Ken the story teller or is it USED car salesman, well I guess they are both the same in this case, tells me no problem-it must have happen on the way to Frisco, wait what is all of that road grime build up, hmm, must have happen when the Texas Auto Online owner drove it home after the inspection, no that is way too much road grime, ohh well, you bought it so fast that it did not make it to the inspection. Wait a minute, you told me that the buyers inspect them, the car report says that you had it for a couple of months....but it was sold before you could inspect it, ohhhh I thought I was in my side job fairytale guy....Ok, you got me, we will pay for it to be fixed, have the repair shop call us and we will giving them a credit card. The shop calls them, oh you need to speak with Denise. Denise say ohh, you will need to speak with the owner and he will not be in for a few days, but the check is in the mail....well maybe. The check did not arrive as I was told, another wish and dream.

I have learned from my mistake-trusted a Used car sales guy that gets his inspirations from wishes and dreams and telling stories. I never received an apology, never received what they told me they were going to do to pay for the issues, nothing. Not even a cup of coffee for the time and money I have spent on fixing the problems that I bought. My dad always made jokes about used car sales men, now I met the guy he was speaking of.

Ken McArdle [ken@texasauto.motosnap.com]
832-725-4520
http://www.texasautoonline.com or
call (866) 451-8395.

Very Doubtful...

AUTHOR: Satisfied Shopper - (U.S.A.)

I came across this slandering "report" and was so shocked, I had to reply, though I typically refrain from/ignore such onesided, unbelievable lashouts.

Although I do not know the ACCURATE details of your interactions with Texas Auto, I must say that I, along with the tens of other satisfied customers I forwarded this to find it unbelievable & uncharacteristic of what we joke as "The Only Truly Honest Car Dealers to Exist!" Not only has the staff always acted genuinely & promptly in my experience, but provided the best deals I have ever found by far!

Perhaps that is why you are upset, understandably...you obviously wanted that purchase very badly, even after your understanding of the insurance policies and were bid out. It sounds like a misunderstanding to me...if you were told to resubmit your offer and you obviously had issues with the purchase already!

Hopefully, your problem was solved the way I would expect from Texas Auto, if it was possible and you are not missing out on the most trustworthy, family runned auto dealers out there!!