Complaint Review: Texaspropainting.com

• Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: Colee20 — Georgetown Texas United States of America
Texaspropainting.com
12430 Metric Blvd Apt 10107, Austin Tx 75758 Internet United States of America

Texaspropainting.com Jamie Stefanini Unprofessional, Untrustworthy, Did not listen, unwilling to make things right, Internet

*Author of original report: Wow! Just keeps lying.

*Author of original report: Company is a fraud

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Colette Woelki is a liar

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't belive everything you read. investigate!

I found Texas Pro Painters on Craigslist.  Jamie came to my house to make a bid and was very pleasant and helpful.  He asked if he could bring his contractor over to go over my requests.  The contractor came and he was nice as well and had decided that I would see what the bid is and then go with them.
A few days went by email and I texting Jamie to send me the bid.  He finally sent the bid.  The bid was not itemized and was very hard to read.  I ask Jamie if I could do anything to lower the amounts and he said if you handle the trash and do you own painting.  The bid was for only labor and was set up as a flat fee.
On the bid - Kitchen, 2 Bathrooms and painting of house.  Removal of popcorn on Ceiling.
I asked Jamie to come over so we could set up some type of game plan and go over the bid.  This was by text and email.  He blow me off both time and said we can start on Monday.  I again said lets talk on Monday.

The contractor and Jamie showed up on Monday August 27, 2012.  I asked to get a game plan and they both push to start on the Kitchen and we will worry about the bath and other items on the bid later. Jamie leaves but not before asking for 25% of the bid by the end of the day.  I was concerned but the work had started and I wanted to get this done.  I have not seen Jamie since.

The kitchen was off to a good start and I thought that we were going to get this done quickly.The subcontractor of Jamie was the only person I ended up speaking with and once I finished paying for the main portion of the work the contractor started throwing in my face that is not part of the bid.  I said fine I will do it myself and then he would get extremely upset and say that I done appreciate what he has done for me.  Last week I called and spoke with Jamie about what the subcontractor was doing and he said that he couldn't understand why I kept asking him to do additional work. Which I replied I haven't been the subcontractor offered.  I told him we keep arguing about money and he said that I should speak with him about that. I said great.  That was the last time I was able to get him back on the phone.
Last week it rained so the subcontractor called me to get out of working.  That has happened every week.

Monday September 17, 2012.  Subcontractor shows up at my house at 11:15am.  Has been complaining and unable to work because of his asthma.  Walks into my house and begins to knock down the texture on the walls with no mask and no ventilation.  He see that I had electrical work done and began to get upset.  Than I showed him 3 different colors of paint and he said 3 paint well that is more work so that is a different price.  I said that OK I will paint this one myself.  He then gets very mad and says your doing it again.  I said I do it myself.  He begins to threaten me and say you keep that up and I will walk out on you.  I look at him and say I apologize I didn't mean to offend you and I walk away.

A few minutes later he is packing up his truck with all his stuff and said I am done.  I then beg him to come back because I have given him 4000 dollars and he is only half way through.He says I will come back tomorrow you just make me so mad and says why do you pay for others to do the work when I would have done it cheaper.  I could have saved you money on the electric work that you had done.  I said nothing but both Jamie and the subcontractor Buddy said he is not a electrician and is not licensed to do that.  Buddy(subcontractor) said he had already talked to Jamie and knows what is going on. In the end said he would be back tomorrow.  Only because I started to cry.

In the mean time I had already made several tries to get Jamie on the phone.  I left him several messages, texts and an email to straighten things out.  NOTHING BACK

September 18, 2012
The Subcontractor Buddy calls me at 8am to say he is to sick to come today but will be there tomorrow.
I on the other hand done want the harassment anymore and don't want to give him another dime.
I called and text to Jamie this afternoon to tell him I don't want Buddy to come back to my house.
He sends me a text that he will be there tomorrow.  I told him no and then I get a call from Buddy telling me that it is all my fault and that he will be there tomorrow.
HE WILL NOT BE LET IN.
Lord please don't let him come.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texaspropaintingcom/internet/Texaspropaintingcom-Jamie-Stefanini-Unprofessional-Untrustworthy-Did-not-listen-unwill-943193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texaspropainting.com

Wow! Just keeps lying.

AUTHOR: Colee20 - (United States of America)

He is so dishonest that his invoices even have the wrong address on them.

I have over 10 text messages from him stating that he know I paid and that the work was being done by his subcontractor. So who's lying?

Company is a fraud

AUTHOR: Colee20 - (United States of America)

I tried to have my attorney contact the company by mail and the letter came back as undeliverable. Better business bureau also tried to contact Jamie and could not reach him either.

Copy is not going business fairly.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Colette Woelki is a liar

AUTHOR: Jamie Stefanini - (United States of America)

I never worked for Colette or accepted any money from her.  She hired another contractor to remodel her kitchen.  Do not work for Colette.  She is a liar and a manipulator.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't belive everything you read. investigate!

AUTHOR: Buddy - (United States of America)

l have been in the construction industry for over 30 years and in all my time I have always been able to settle any dispute that came my way. I have worked for every type of individual you can possibly think of but never did I not finish a job even if the person was impossible to work for.......except for this one. There is always a first but I still refuse not to work this out.

I met Colette through Jamie. I was asked by Jamie to bid on a job that consisted of remodeling the kitchen, bathrooms, living area and bedrooms. I submitted a bid of $6000.00 which was to demo the kitchen cabinets and reinstall new prefab cabinets.Demo the ceiling element and put in a couple of can lights. The ceiling element looked complicated but really wasn't if the wiring any plumbing ,duct work etc.. did not have to removed and reinstalled. I stipulated this fact and mentioned that she could either have the electrician remove and reinstall it and I could come in after him and remove the firdown and flatten the ceiling which take approximately 4 to 6 hours or leave the firdown and change the flourescent lighting to can lights. The $6,000 bid was for the kitchen area only. I would also demo the tile floor and reinstall with vinyl sheet flooring. I made it abundantly clear that this did not include any trim, changes in the original plan, moving of any electrical components, crown mold, plumbing, etc...Anyway, I put in my bid after meeting with Colette leaving there with the impression that she had sufficient funds to have the project done. I received a call the next day saying that she wanted us to do the job but she couldn't do the entire house as planned if we didn't come down on the bid and that she was willing to help out in any way if we could lower it. This took me by surprise because like I said before she left me with the clear impression that money wasn't an issue beside the fact that I was very conservative with my bid. This drew a red flag with me but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. So I drew up another bid that was quite conservative but with stipulations. I told her that she would have to pick up and pay for all materials and bring them to the job. She would clean up and get rid of all the trash.  She would pay me for work completed. She would pick up anything she ordered and that I wouldn't have to wait or wouldn't hold up the job. I could not let her use any tools or let her do any work that required the use of power tools because she might hurt herself. I realized then I might have to do more than I planned but she seemed to be a nice person and I am already semi-retired so I could afford to help her out. Well,I started the job and things were pretty normal. A job like this usually takes 40 to 60 hours if everything goes right. I started to do work but every time I would come across an extra I would tell her and explain that I would charge her cost plus, which is the norm,and in some cases like the wall for example, I didn't charge her at all. She told me she would get someone else  to do it and I advised that it would cost her more and she didn't care. That drew another red flag I started to recall some of the earlier conversations. She had told me that she had filed for bankruptcy and that really bothered me. Then I noticed that she was constantly spending money on unnecessary things and then complained and said she didn't have enough money to do the rest of the house. I conveyed this information to Jamie and we realized that we might have problems collecting the money. I went along doing my job thinking as long as she pays me for the work completed I wouldn't lose much if we reached a stopping point.I went to lunch one day at which time we were working on demoing the tile floor. If you have experience with tile floors you that the borders are locked in and the tile in the middle are easy to remove. Anyway, we went to lunch after removing some of the borders. Of course the tile really stuck and we weren't making much headway so I decided to leave the middle tiles for last since they were real easy to remove. When I got back from lunch Colette was removing all the middle tiles and my son said that those were easy to remove but told me that she shouldn't be working because she was going to hurt herself.Thank God she got to the borders where it was much harder because she stopped helping out which wasn't much help anyway. I ended up jack hammering the entire floor and did a wonderful job which she agreed. The whole time she was there she never lived up to her side of the agreement but I didn't care because at that point I was wary of her. She made jokes about the credit cards given to her because she had left them with a massive debt and they were basically dumb enough to give her another credit card. I found Colette to be untrustworthy and besides when she got mad she would start screaming hysterically and this would upset me to the point of an asthma attack. Anyone that has asthma knows that attacks occur when one is stressed out or becomes emotional and Colette was always cussing and when not in agreement with something she would fly off the handle yelling obsceneties causing me to stress to the point of an asthma attack. I was hospitalized twice during this job and my doctor advised me that this  was not a good situation for me. I can go on and on but I think you get the picture. I feel I was payed for work completed and as a matter a fact I believe that she got a great deal on the work done. I feel that if I continued she would end up getting hurt on the job because she would do things she wasn't  supposed to when I would go to lunch. She almost electrocuted  herself by almost cutting the power line with a reciprocating saw and I stopped her just in the nick of time on a job I was doing for free. Where do you draw the line! I am willing to take a polygraph test on what I have stated even if she is unwilling to take one herself. I will go a step further. I never have not completed a job even if the person couldn't pay. I would even consider finishing what is left to be done if we could have a neutral party there and she would not be around while I am working. I would love this to be part of my portfolio. My brother in law is an attorney and I have not only witnesses and documentation but I have always been willing to finish even though my health is at risk because of her volatile attitude when she is angered. I feel bad that this happened because Jamie doesn't deserve the bad publicity because I was the one working the job. I feel have grounds for a lawsuit because I informed Colette that she was the direct cause of my asthma attacks and if she could stop behaving the way she did before I had the attacks. I am willing to complete this job, not for her, but because I have always finished my projects. I honestly feel that I was under paid but I don't care if she has money or not to finish it is my duty as a believer to live up to my word. God Bless