Complaint Review: Texoma Boat Rentals

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:McKinney Texas
Texoma Boat Rentals
120 Texoma Harbor Dr., Suite 5 Pottsboro, Texas U.S.A.

Texoma Boat Rentals Beware when renting any sort of watercraft from this company - you WILL receive unauthorized charges for damamges you did not do! Pottsboro Texas

My husband and I rented a jetski from this company (mind you we were very gently with these because we knew they could charge us if we did damage)and when we came back from riding the jet ski's we asked if everything was fine - did we put in the correct amount of gas, condition, etc and we were told that everything was fine.

About 2 weeks later I was checking my bank account and noticed an unfamiliar charge of approx. $375 - I called the bank to check on this and they told me that Texoma Rentals was the company that had charged my debit card. I contact George Minukhin (the owner) and he told me that we had been charged for the damages we had made. I told him that I believed he had me confused with someone else and he said he would check into it and get back with me. He never called me back. I tried on several different occassions to reach him, but he would not return my calls.

In a letter to my bank he told them that he had shown us the damages and that I had thrown a fit and cussed him out - which was very much a lie... I had no reason to throw a fit - they had told us everything was fine with the jetski. Finally my husband was able to reach him (from another number of course) and my husband explained that he felt that if we met with him in person that he would see that who ever he thought we were was not correct - Mr. Minukhin agreed. After that he sent my husband on a wild goose chase trying to meet him.

Pottsboro is a very small town and most people either know or have personally done business with the local business people of this town so we asked around to see if other people had similar experiences and we were amazed at how many other people had similar situations as ours. We even heard from someone that had worked for Mr. Minukhin's company that this happens on a very regular basis. I was appalled to think that they had done this to so many people and were getting away with it.

I hope that you will find this helpful when considering renting any sort of watercraft at the Lake Texoma Area. Also, something else that people should consider is that Mr. Minukhin's family owns Sherman Power Sports and we were told by other sources that this is the sort of practices that this company participates in also. Please use caution when buying or renting from either place.

Lainie
McKinney, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Texoma-Boat-Rentals/Pottsboro-Texas-75076/Texoma-Boat-Rentals-Beware-when-renting-any-sort-of-watercraft-from-this-company-you-WIL-362542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texoma Boat Rentals