Complaint Review: Textbook Brokers Virginia Beach

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: HoldemAccountable — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Textbook Brokers Virginia Beach
3709 Tiffany Lane Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Textbook Brokers Virginia Beach SOLD ME THE WRONG BOOK AND REFUSED TO GIVE ME A REFUND Virginia Beach, Virginia

I will never purchase anything from this store again.

I purchased two textbooks from the store for the fall semester. The textbooks were for Bio 101 lecture and lab at TCC Portsmouth. The lecture book sold to me was the correct one but when I went to do my lab hwk on Sun, 09 Sep, I realized that the Bio 101 lab book sold to me (General Laboratory Manual; ENCOUNTERS W/ LIFE 7th ed) was not the correct one. Because the store was not open on the weekend and I had to complete my assignment which was due on Mon, 10 Sep; I went to purchase the correct book at McArthur Mall. On Tuesday, 11 Sep I took the book back in brand new condition for a refund but was denied. I have bank statements, the credit card used to purchase, and ID that proves I purchased the book from this store.

Textbook brokers did not make a 'good faith' effort to resolve my complaint on BBB. If a business makes a mistake they should fix it... PERIOD. Offering me 50 % of my money back does not solve the problem.

Bottom line... I would like to return the book that was sold me incorrectly;  in brand new condition for a full refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Textbook-Brokers-Virginia-Beach/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23456/Textbook-Brokers-Virginia-Beach-SOLD-ME-THE-WRONG-BOOK-AND-REFUSED-TO-GIVE-ME-A-REFUND-Vi-963810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Textbook Brokers Virginia Beach