Complaint Review: TextbookXpres

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: John — Midland Texas United States of America
14781 Memorial Dr, Suite 1341 Houston, Texas United States of America

TextbookXpres False advertisement on selling college textbooks Houston, Texas

I ordered a textbook for a college calculus class. I needed the U.S. edition of the Calculus book and to be sure I got the right book, I ordered by ISBN# 9780538497817. TextbooxXpres sent me the international version of the book ISBN# 9780538498845 and said it was the same book. I found that the difference between the books is that some of the math problems have been changed from U.S. values to metric values so it is not the same book. (TextbookExpres said there was no difference when I contacted them.) I requested a refund, they gave me a bad address so I got the right address from Valorebooks. Then they charged me a 15% restocking fee for returning the book which I should have been refunded the 100% due to their error. The book was returned in the same condition since we returned it the next business day. Also, if I hadn't checked the address they gave me, the book would have been returned to me since the address they gave me was bad. I WILL NOT USE TEXTBOOKXPRES AGAIN OR VALOREBOOKS SINCE THEY ALLOW BAD SELLERS TO USE THEIR WEBSITE. This is the second time they have been written up in the RipOff Report, look them up. They also have a high percentage of bad reviews at ValoreBooks.

I recommend to stay away from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TextbookXpres/Houston-Texas-77079/TextbookXpres-False-advertisement-on-selling-college-textbooks-Houston-Texas-999417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TextbookXpres