Complaint Review: Thane International, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2003

• Reported By:New Hope Minnesota
Thane International, Inc.
78-140 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253 La Quinta, California U.S.A.

Thane International, Thane.com, True Sleeper overcharged and credit card fraud La Quinta California

I ordered a True Sleeper from this company. When I called and placed the order I was told that the full size sleeper cost $10 more. I wasn't told that it was $10 more each of 4 different payments.

I asked that they bill me in the 4 equal payments. They stated that they would and then charged my credit card for the full payment.

They are terrible people to deal with. They not only misrepresented the price of their product but I was never told that the cost of the shipping and handling isn't devided up in the payments.

They put the $30 shipping charge onto the first payment without telling you this when you order. Of course in my case they deducted the entire $189.75 instead of charging my credit card 4 payments.

These people committed fraud by deducting this amount when they were not authorized to do so.

New Hope, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2003 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thane-International-Inc/La-Quinta-California-92253/Thane-International-Thanecom-True-Sleeper-overcharged-and-credit-card-fraud-La-Quinta-C-51873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thane International, Inc.