Complaint Review: The Advanced Eye Care Cente

• Submitted: Sun, January 31, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By: cheata — Staurt Florida Canada
The Advanced Eye Care Cente
319 SE Port St Lucie Blvd Port St Lucie, Fl 34984 Port Saint Lucie, Florida United States of America

The Advanced Eye Care Cente Dr. William Olivos Ripoff rude arrogant wrong took advantage...? of us Port Saint Lucie, Florida

I have three kids, two who needed eye exam and glasses. After the exam the office manager "Melinda"  told us "they have no eye-were covered by healthy kids insurance in this office and we have to pay for the glasses". So we end up paying $290 for each one of my kids, then she said "they will take a week to ten days to be ready" and that she would call us.

We went shopping at Sam's clup, there we found better brand name glasses with warranty at $40 with better UV, TV protections all that included in the price, were Melinda charged us over $160 just for the UV,TV protections.

So I called this office to cancel my order with in 40 min of putting the order that will take 10 days, I was told can't do that.. we said okay.. waited for 14 days and no call no glasses nothing.
when I called to check on the status. I was told they forget to order the glasses..

Thank God for Using my credit card, Because I had to dispute the charge for none received order, and file complaint with the insurance company.

Be careful and aware. go to wallmart, Sam's clup, sears. any one but this ripoff office

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2010 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Advanced-Eye-Care-Cente/Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida-34983/The-Advanced-Eye-Care-Cente-Dr-William-Olivos-Ripoff-rude-arrogant-wrong-took-advantage-562842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Advanced Eye Care Cente