• Report: #1019340

• Reported By: babyboomer1001 — Sun Lakes Arizona USA
The Arizona Republic
Sun Lakes, Arizona United States of America

The Arizona Republic - Never Received Newspapers Sun Lakes, Arizona

The Arizona Republic solicited me by phone, offering a free Valentine's Day issue. I was given an 800 number to call to cancel the subscription if I wanted to cancel or I could continue with a twice weekly (Wed & Sun) subscription if I wanted to.  I never received the free Valentine's Day issue, nor did I receive the following Sunday's paper so I phoned them and told them.  They were going to check with their carrier to see what happened because, apparently, I was in their system and I was told the next Sunday would be the free issue (which would be Feb 24).  Almost a week later, I have receive a bill requesting $13.75.  For what?  For nothing!  They solicit me, don't give me any newspapers, no free issue, no chance to cancel, because the free replacement issue is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Feb 24).  After telling my husband, I have learned that he gives the carrier, an old man, money every Spring because he feels sorry for him.  He met him at a nearby grocery store.  The old man tells a sobbing story of how his newspaper subscriptions is all he has to live on.  So, the AZ Republic hires people who solicit potential customers for handouts and when we subscribe, we don't receive any newspapers.  Nice - Hard to figure it out but, what I do know is that we have received no newspapers, we have been billed for $13.75, for services from Feb. 7th through March 6th, when the first issue was supposed to be delivered on Feb. 14th (so why does the bill show services beginning on Feb. 7th).  It is now Feb. 23rd and earlier today, the carrier phoned my husband (left a message).  I have to wonder if he is going to ask for another handout, before he decides to deliver newspapers.  I think we'll just go back to buying a newspaper when we want it, just to avoid dealing with these people and their stupid billing for what was never received and what will be cancelled promptly, tomorrow, after receipt of the free issue.  If we don't get it, I'll cancel and screw the free issue. I am also going to have a little talk to their manager about the inappropriateness of their beggar employee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Arizona-Republic/Sun-Lakes-Arizona-85248/The-Arizona-Republic-Never-Received-Newspapers-Sun-Lakes-Arizona-1019340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Arizona Republic