- Report: #978213
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: The Assurance Group - TAG
The Assurance Group - TAG5035 Prospect Street Archdale, North Carolina United States of America
The Assurance Group - TAG TAG Old School Shysters at Their Best! Archdale, North Carolina
Within a few months I started to realize there were some major inconsistencies with how they were running their business. Let me share with you some facts, not opinions, because in all honesty I think the majority of the staff with "TAG" are great people....the major exception being some of the management team - Curt Klien specifically who any and all agents ultimately report to, and might possibly be the worst "leader" I've ever met....
- Forced to purchase their E&O coverage, which won't cover any carriers outside of their company
- Forced to be a captive agent, you must give up any outside carriers or contracts
- You must assign all of your renewals and residuals to them
- Inability to work areas of your choosing, you will be traveling to do door knocks
- Low contracts
- Five years before being vested - you leave, they keep your renewals and residuals
- Horrible commission schedule. You will wait at least TWO weeks AFTER a policy is approved before you get paid.
- On that same note....you have to assign your commissions to TAG, which will hold them, deducts every lead cost, postage charge and supply shipment from them BEFORE you get paid....which takes FOREVER!
- Regarding their leads......read below for the real deal on how they work:
- Their leads are garbage, but don't even think about complaining about it. I know, I know, the fact that some of them are "free" sounds great. Oh, and the fact that they finance them is awesome too, right??! WRONG! The free leads are, on average, 2-4 years old....good luck! And literally HALF of the new leads, that you ultimately WILL pay for, are trash - low income, poor areas (which you can't decided whether or not to accept), clients with no money or checking accounts, and here's the biggest negative - You will be paying for leads from clients that did not even include a phone number. A lead from a client that did NOT request coverage...
Their response will be, "just go door knock it, they sent it back for a reason".....like I said, get ready for about 50% of your lead costs going towards THAT.
After working with close to 50 different agents the consensus is this: TAG is stuck in the stone age, and their company is filled with good ol' boys who have no clue how to sell insurance in 2012.
Their turnover is incredibly high.....even in an industry that has below average retention.
Don't waste your time with these country bumpkins, all it will do is frustrate you. There are many other options out there where you don't need to give up your commissions, assign all of your renewals and residuals, and travel your entire state to door knock crap leads on your own dime.
Hope this helps - wish I would have known these things before selling the opportunity to so many others.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Assurance-Group-TAG/Archdale-North-Carolina-27263/The-Assurance-Group-TAG-TAG-Old-School-Shysters-at-Their-Best-Archdale-North-Carolina-978213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.