Complaint Review: The Automotive Center

• Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: Les — Glen Allen Virginia United States of America
The Automotive Center
Nationwide United States of America

The Automotive Center Pacific Telecommunications Group After market Auto warrantees, Nationwide

*Author of original report: Additional Harrassment

I was contacted by an individual, John,  claiming to represent "The Automotive Center" who would not provide any information relative to complete affiliation or location.  My caller ID showed a number of 425 658 8911.  When questioned the individual was rude to say the least and eventually so was I.  He informed me he and his company didn't care about the Do Not Call list, the VA State Corporation Commission or the FCC, and that there was nothing I could do about it.  He hinted at further harrassment.

A few minutes later the individaul called again from a different number (253 246 8573) with the apparent purpose of further verbal confrontation.  Another unpleasant conversation ensued with further hint of continued harrassment.  My request to be connected to a supervisor was met with derision.

Later in the same day the individual called again and I claimed he had called the wrong number and hung up.  Less than 5 minutes later an individual who identified himself as Paul Thompson called claiming to represent "The Automotive Center".  When confronted about the previous 3 calls by "John" Paul feigned ignorance.  I suggested that The Automotive Center not ever call me again and promised to pursue this matter with appropriate authorities if it does.

I have attempted to call both of the numbers these people have called from according to my caller ID.  The numbers both yielded information indicating they are disconnected numbers belonging to the Pacific Telecommunications Group. I have seen other reports on Ripoff Report about a company with a very similar name but offering credit "services".  My caller ID also shows names of Service Info and Consumer Service associated with these two numbers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2012 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Automotive-Center/nationwide/The-Automotive-Center-Pacific-Telecommunications-Group-After-market-Auto-warrantees-Natio-867654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Automotive Center

Additional Harrassment

AUTHOR: Les - (United States of America)

Today we have had 3 more contacts from "Service Info".  In the first call I was told by "David Price?" that he did not have the ability to put me on their Do Not Call List.  I expressed my sympathy and hung up.

In the second call just moments later the caller, who I believe to be the original "John", made reference to my just made request to be added to a Do Not Call list.  He is a talkative type with some kind of vendetta in mind, probably because I was too rough with him during our very first call.  The sensitive sort I guess.  When questioned about how happy his boss might be over the time he is wasting harrassing me when he was supposed to be selling something (which is guaranteed not to happen here) he seemed to want to avoid the topic.  He did, however mention seeing my report in Rippoff Reports claiming it was inaccutate.  The only inaccuracy he identified was the name John but it turned out he was confused by the sequence of events.  Apparently his reading comprehension is not up to snuff either.  He gratuitously offerred to quit calling if I would say something nice about him in a Rippoff Report.  I suggested that was unlikely.

In the third call taken by my wife just moments later the caller who identified himself as John told her he thought he was special untill he found out her husband had been whoring around with Paul and David, his work associates.  She promised to deliver the message.

Obviously Rippoff Reports has some kind of effect on these clowns from the evidence that the scamers, carnies, and geeks read it.  Hopefully it will occur to one of these dimwits that harrassing the marks, especially this one, is counter productive in that it costs me nothing and makes no money for them.  Maybe John will come to understand that arguing with me is like wrestling with a pig in slop; sooner or later he might recognize the pig is enjoying himself.