Complaint Review: The BackPorch Boutique

• Submitted: Sun, February 03, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Farmgirl — enfield New Hampshire United States of America
The BackPorch Boutique

The BackPorch Boutique BackPorch Threadz, The BackPorch Boutique, BackPorch Threadz on Etsy, Great Rip Off Scheme Internet

*Consumer Comment: thank you

After placing an order with The BackPorch Boutique, or also known as BackPorch Threadz on Etsy, I was ripped off and harrassed.

I ordered a made to order item from the etsy shop which according to the listing would done in 3 weeks at most.  HA.

It took at least 4 emails to get Jaime to reply once she got my money.  Before i paid, she was super friendly and answered my questions within a day or two of emailing her. Once she had my money, it took her weeks to reply and I got nothing but excuses.

When the item arrived FINALLY, almost 8 weeks after I ordered, and 2 weeks after I told her I would prefer to just cancel and she swore she was shipping them that week.  She claims the two weeks were ship time but the packages were post dated from a week after she swore she was mailing them.

The clothing was complete junk. It Looked like a hot mess.  Unfnished ends and seams.  Frayed and her stitches from the sewing machine were so crooked it looked like a third graders project.  The fabric was supposed to be organic hemp, "super durable". hemp is one of the stgrongest fibers on earth. This was not hemp. This was probably some sort of cotton linen blend. It was paper thin, flimsy.  The "hand" dye job she claims she does was so uneven. Hand dying sometimes isn't perfectly even and I know that. But this was not even the color I wanted. Instead of deep egglplant it was greenish and brown in other parts and a little purple in some.  Not at all even or well dyed.

I threw it in the wash on gentle cycle because it smelled horrible (literally like BO.  GROSS.). When i took it out to hang dry it was so unraveled it was laughable, not to mention it had shrunk up about two sizes.  If you cal your self a clothing designer you should know you need to pre-wash to allow for shrinkage.  Apparently Jaime does not.  I threw it directly in the "rags to cut up for cleaning" pile because god knows I wouldnt dare send it to Goodwill.

As if this wasn't bad enough (she ripped me of for QUITE a lot of money for her piee of badly sewn crap), when i dared to email her about it, to see if she would back up her work, she refused to respond. FINALLY i got an email saying that she only refunds orders she makes mistakes on. You know, like the one she sent me? Except when I tried to explain what was wrong she kept telling me that I wasn't telling her anything.  "Bad sewing, loose seams, wrong color, wrong fabric, frayed ends" is apparently too vague for her.

I gave up. About a week after I gave up, I got an email telling me that I better stop whining because Jaime has "been sewing a long time" and "knows everyone in the biz".  I guess it was some kind of threat because I also sell clothing? I'm not sure.  Then a few weeks after that, I get emails in my Facebook account from more people telling me i need to "stop ripping off Jaime"?!!!!  Apparently, she thinks my urban style clothing somehow rips of her hippie style stuff.  I deleted the emails and forgot about the whole thing.

Then last month, I talked to this other girl who apparently had the same thing happen to her. She bought several times from Backporch Boutique and when she canceled an order, she got bombarded with emails from people telling her that she would never be able to sell again (she too makes clothing and sells on etsy). She said for the next 6 months she got threatening emails accusing her of riupping off jaime's ideas, even though she'd never actually met Jaime.

That's when i remembered that jaime used to have a website OFF etsy, and how for years, she had this whole thing on her ront page accusing a list of people of ripping of her designs and basically saying she knew who they were and they'd better stop.  I only remembered it because I thought it was so weird whewn I saw it, but since she's on etsy now, i forgot.  I asked the girl I met if that was referring to her and she laughed and said no, that was about yet another supposed person ripping off jaime's idea, b/c before she canceled her order and encountered Jaime's rath, Jaime bitched to her about that person ripping her off.

Seems funny to me that Jaime thinks everyone is ripping her off, since I've never seen anything similar to her stuff.  I did however come across another seller, Snake Mountain Threads, whose gallery of work from years ago bears a striking resemblene to jaime's current work.  And whose name (Snake mountain threads), ironically, is similar to jaime's "new' name (formerly the backporch boutique, now backporch threadz).  I'm not sure if it's because Jaime's ripping off this other person, or if it's actually that Jaime is the other person, and had to shut shop up and re-invent herself to cover up bad selling practices in her past.  Either way, me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

My advice: STAY AWAY.

Unless, of course, you want to blow a few hundred on some bait and switch rags you cant wear, and then get accused of all manner of crazy things and stalked when you dare ask for a refund.

I have kids and my daughter even emailed this crazy woman to tell her to leave me alone because she saw how upset I was.  Now my daughter gets hate mail from strangers too.  We've had to change our phone number and email addresses.  It's scary and even writing this took me a long time to work up the nerve to do but maybe by recording this i'll save someone else from making the same mistakes.

PLEASE be careful when dealing with this woman. She clearly has issues and not only will she rob you, she'll send her riends to threaten you too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-BackPorch-Boutique/internet/The-BackPorch-Boutique-BackPorch-Threadz-The-BackPorch-Boutique-BackPorch-Threadz-on-Ets-1008186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The BackPorch Boutique

AUTHOR: moonthreads - ()

iam very happy others have come out and spoke against jamie cool.I too have shady items.non responding emails. rip off poor quality