The Bancorp Bank 409 silverside road suite 105
Internet United States of America
The Bancorp Bank Wired Plastic Company Held My Funds (Thousand of Dollars) Internet
I signed up for a prepaid card with Wired Plastic www.wiredplastic.com. They held my funds and refused to return them. I had to send in ID verification documents numerous times and they still refused to release them. They even laughed at me over the phone and told me there wasnt anything i could do for them to release the funds. If it wasnt for me filing complaints with multiple states including Attorney Generals, FDIC, FTC and contacting an attorney was i able to get the funds back. Please note, the company who holds your funds is The Bancorp Bank. The Bancorp Bank is the bank Wired Plastic uses to faciliate banking transactions.
This can happen to you if you have a Wired Plastic card. They dont care. If they think anything is suspicious on your account they will close it and hold your funds. This is at their discretion and they can do it whenever they feel like it.
Hopefully it doesnt happen to you BUT if it does here is what i did to get my funds back:
Fax in your ID verification documents to Wired Plastic and The Bancorp Bank immediately and keep a copy of them for your records.
Fax them to Wired Plastic at the fax number they give you and also to The Bancorp Bank here:
The Bancorp Bank Fax Number: 605-988-3346 (These guys are actually the guys holding your money)
Immediately after you fax your ID documents file complaints with the following agencies. This may seem like a big list but IT WORKS and will help you get your funds much quicker. Wired Plastic and The Bancorp Bank will lead you on for as long as they want so it is very important you file these complaints because Wired Plastic and The Bancorp Bank dont have to respond to you but they have to respond to these agencies. The agencies that helped me the most i will list first descending to the last one:
1. Since Wired Plastic does business out of Utah File a complaint against Wired Plastic with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection. These guys really helped me out and they will get on this on your behalf. This is a must. These guys really put the heat on Wired Plastic. It was great. Link to Utah Division of Consumer Protection here:
2. File a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the FDIC. This is very important because the FDIC regulates banks including The Bancorp Bank. The FDIC can strip them of their license. This works. Here is the link to file a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the FDIC:
3. File a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the Attorney General of Delaware Office. The Bankcorp Bank is headquartered out of Delaware. When i did this, it definetely go their attention and they had to respond to the Attorney General of Deleware's office. Here is the link to file a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with The Attorney General of Delaware's Office:
4. File a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the Delaware Department of State : Office of the State Bank Commissioner. The Bancorp Bank is a bank operating out of Delaware so this is the agency to complain to if you are a victim of The Bancorp Bank. This worked for me. Here is the link to a file a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the Delaware Department of State : Office of the State Bank Commissioner:
5. File a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the Better Business Bureau of Deleware. The BBB out of Delaware was on top of this and was able to get a response from The Bancorp Bank regarding them holding my funds. Here is the link to file a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the Better Business Bureau of Deleware:
6. File a complaint against both Wired Plastic and The Bancorp Bank with the Attorney General Offices from the state you reside in. Look online and just search for the website on google for your States Attorney General. This is very important.
Those 6 agencies i listed above contacted me via phone, email or mail and did a tremendous job in assisting me in getting my funds back. Once i contacted these agencies and they in turn contacted Wired Plastic and The Bancorp Bank it wasn't much longer that they released my funds.
I also filed complaints with the following agencies. I didnt hear back from them immediately but i would recommend you file a complaint with these agencies also.
The FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en
South Dakota Attorney Generals Office:
The Bancorp Bank's prepaid division is located in South Dakota. I filed a complaint with their Attorney Generals Office also. Here is the link to file a complaint against The Bancorp Bank with the South Dakota Attorney Generals Office:
I know this seems like alot of work but once you do the first one or two, the rest will be easy. More importantly IT WORKS! If you want your money back this is the only way i was able to get my money back and it took me months looking and figuring out where to complain and finding all these resources. I have put it all together for you. Here is some bonus information below from all the research i did on both Wired Plastic and The Bancorp Bank below:
This is the name of the person that responded to the agencies that i complained to:
Senior Vice President
The Bancorp Bank Payment Solutions Group
This is the name of the Risk Department Manager at Wired Plastic:
801-365-6060 Extension 535
Below are Addresses of the companies involved:
The Bancorp Bank
409 silverside road suite 105
wilmington de 19809
The Bancorp Bank - Prepaid Card Division
P.O Box 5017
Sioux Falls SD 57117
605-988-3200 (You can leave a voicemail here. Your Lawyer can also call this number)
P.O. Box 71402
Salt Lake City UT 84171
(801) 365-6060 x535
The Bancorp Bank Prepaid Accounts Customer Service:
866-271-1623 (This is the number i would call after Wired Plastic stopped helping me. They will take down your info and have somebody call you back regarding your account. Fraud, Compliance and or Risk Department will call you back.
Also, contact your Attorney. I know my attorney had a much easier time contacting them than i did. They actually took his calls and communicated with him. If you do not have an attorney you can find one here. This is where i found the attorney that helped me with this matter. But please make sure you complain to the agencies above first so once your attorney calls they see you already have complained and now your attorney is calling about this and they will see that you are serious. You dont have to use the service below but the attorney i found here is the one that actually helped me make the calls. I tried other guys but they didnt handle my type of issue.
Good Luck and as far as im concerned, I will never get a prepaid card again. Not worth all the trouble this caused me.
Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Bancorp Bank