- Report: #945767
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: The Barrett Group
The Barrett Group100 Jefferson Blvd, Three Jefferson Place, Suite 3 Warwick, Rhode Island United States of America
The Barrett Group careerchange.com Highly questionable, but professional scam. Sounds good, but doesn't hold up when investigated Warwick, Rhode Island
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here is how they work, on the first call they make claims about 3000 applications/month, 300 accepted per year. They give you an overview to the process that makes it sound like you are essentially interviewing with them. They will tell you the price, but may leave out the important part about it being upfront, they make it sound like they get paid when you get hired.
They setup a follow-up to supposedly further qualify you, with basic business questions. They will make it sound like your experience and resume is a perfect fit, that is what scammers do!!!
From there they will probably tell you that the committee is meeting within the next week and ask if you want to be presented, no fast/hard sell, very professional. After that, you will be accepted, but your handler will be a little unhappy because x other candidates didn't get accepted. Further, you won't get to talk to any of your 'team' until after you have paid, because they aren't assigned to you until after the 'custom' contract is signed and they are paid.
So how do you know they are a scam?
- Ask for a real life recommendation, even better, ask for 2-3 with full contact info. They cannot provide it, after being in business for 22 years and having 1,000s of satisfied clients with great jobs, you would think they can find a verifiable recommendation. If I had a great experience with them, I would be happy to be a reference.
- Take a look at their LinkedIn page, is that the presence of a professional recruitment company?
- Take a look at their Facebook page, practically no activity. Nothing professional about their presence
- During one of the calls they will show you their fantastic database that they keep private, but could charge $10k+ for access to. For a company dealing mostly with 7 figure executives, is a $100 listing app with 10-20 listings what you would expect? Compare it to verifiable executive databases and it doesn't compare.
- It is suspicious that everyone gets the same 'custom contract' for the same amount, ~$9000 or $12,000 depending on the 'package' you select.
They do a great job of sounding professional and saying the right things, however they cannot provide a verifiable reference, after being in business for 22 years! They claim to be experienced professionals in the job search/marketing arena, but cannot even have a professional online presence in 2012.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Barrett-Group/Warwick-Rhode-Island-02888/The-Barrett-Group-careerchangecom-Highly-questionable-but-professional-scam-Sounds-goo-945767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.