Complaint Review: The Baseball Factory

• Updated: Mon, May 17, 2010

• Reported By:Austin Texas
The Baseball Factory
www.baseballfactory.com Internet U.S.A.

The Baseball Factory Not worth the money for what you get! It's basically for people that will pay the money, not if they are talented enough to be there Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from Baseball Factory

My son was invited to "try out" for the Under Armour National Team by The Baseball Factory. We went to the try out and was given a very well rehearsed spill about the program. They made it sound like you had to be good enough to make a spot, and that it was all about showcaseing for college.

Well low and behold... my son made it! $3500 + airfare later... it turned out the team was any kid that paid the price to go there. The team was terrible. They looked like the bad news bears. And the coaching was even worse!

If this was to "showcase" an athlete for college scouts... it did just the opposite!!! Don't fall for the hipe! Even if your son is an outstanding player, he may be playing with some rich kid wantabe's!

Disgruntled parent!
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2009 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Baseball-Factory/internet/The-Baseball-Factory-Not-worth-the-money-for-what-you-get-Its-basically-for-people-that-463500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Baseball Factory

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from Baseball Factory

AUTHOR: Rob - (United States of America)

As the President of Baseball Factory I can assure you that we take our customer service and satisfaction very seriously.  We have close to 40 full time employees that are very dedicated to our mission to help high school baseball players and their parents through the college recruiting process.  We work with thousands of players each year, and although we have many, many satisfied families  ((((Redacted))) we never like to hear that a family feels that they did not get the experience they hoped for.

Let me try to address a few points in the post above:

1.       it turned out the team was any kid that paid the price to go there I can assure you that is not the way we select players for our national teams.  Every player that is selected to a national team has to try out and qualify.  We have spent 15+ years building an elaborate scouting and evaluation scale that is utilized extensively by college coaches.  In fact, in 2010, at least one Baseball Factory participant appears on 97% of NCAA I college baseball programs.

There are many, many players that would like to be selected for our national teams and do not qualify, and these players are not offered the opportunity to participate.  It is certainly possible that the players on your sons team that were selected didnt perform well in the games, but it is a small subset, and it doesnt imply that these players werent appropriately screened by our staff.

2.      the coaching was even worse I do not know which event you are referring to, so I cannot comment specifically on the coaches in attendance.  However, I can tell you that nearly all of our coaches have professional or college experience and are very dedicated to helping each and every player on the team.

3.      if this was to showcase an athlete for college coaches, it did just the opposite again, I cannot address this point without knowing what event you are referring to.  Some of our national teams are for showcasing to college coaches and scouts and others are more developmental in nature.

I am sorry you felt that you did not have a valuable experience, and I would encourage you to contact me at the Baseball Factory to discuss it further.  I can be reached at 800-641-4487.  I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these points together, and try to figure out a way we could help your son with his future development and pursuit of college baseball.