Complaint Review: The Berkley Group

• Submitted: Fri, January 15, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 15, 2010

• Reported By: Ralph — San Antonio Texas U.S.A.
The Berkley Group
300 Jericho Quadrangle Jericho, New York United States of America

The Berkley Group Affinity insurance Services Bought trip ins. from Travelocity. Policy by Berkley on Nov 7 2009. trip was for Mar 2010. cancelled in Dec 2009. Claim was denied even with a statement from my Dr. stating I was un able to travel. I Jericho, New York

I bought through travelocity a flight for 2 persons from San Antonio to Sydney, Australia.
I also purchased trip insurance and was informed by Travelocity, if the trip was cancelled for any reason, I would get a full refund. The policy was issued by The Berkley Group. Ticket was purchased on 12/07/2009 along with the insurance for which I paid $70.00.
Trip was cancelled in Dec 2009 for medical reasons. Travel was  scheduled for March 12, 2010. Even  with a statement from my Dr. stating I was unable to travel, the claim was denied. The flight was with United Airlines and when I contacted them, they gave me back 100% of the fare. The Berkley group could have at least done the same thing.
They chose to simply deny the claim, keep my $70 and send me a "tough luck" letter.
Do not buy travel insurance. Nothing but a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2010 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Berkley-Group/Jericho-New-York-11753/The-Berkley-Group-Affinity-insurance-Services-Bought-trip-ins-from-Travelocity-Policy-by-555058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Berkley Group