Complaint Review: The Berry Company

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Pat — ASHLAND Wisconsin United States of America
The Berry Company

The Berry Company Change conditions - won't cancel account , Internet

The Berry Company called me in 2009 to sell my yellow pages advertising.  I agreed.  No mention of any particular terms, just a monthly fee.

In Aug of 2010 I called to cancel the account.  I was told that it was canceled and everything seemed fine.  But I continued to get bills.

I called customer service - got disconnected multiple times.  Eventually I got to talk to someone who said the terms and conditions say I have to submit a cancellation in writing.

I NEVER agreed to those terms and conditions, nor was I ever informed about them.  Further more, when I search the web site - http://www.theberrycompany.com/  I cannot find these terms and conditions.  I have sent emails as well as notes in the billing statements.  But I will not pay anymore to this company.

In my many times trying to talk to this company, they have NEVER returned a call despite many promises to do so.

They opened a claim for me ( # 230219), then closed it without talking to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Berry-Company/internet/The-Berry-Company-Change-conditions-wont-cancel-account-Internet-926568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Berry Company