Complaint Review: The Billing Resource And/or Brilliant Ent KaZaA Or Brilliant Digital Entertainment

• Submitted: Tue, July 28, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Lafayette Indiana
integretel.com Nationwide U.S.A.

The Billing Resource And/or Brilliant Ent KaZaA Or Brilliant Digital Entertainment Bogus charges from this company were 3rd party billed on my Verizon phone service account On Line Based Nationwide

*Author of original report: KaZaA Security Lapses in subscription services

*Author of original report: The Billing Resource same as Payments One

I received my Verizon phone service and DSL billing dated 07/16/09. Page one of the bill had a "Consumer Alert" for a new service provider. There was a $21.35 (total including taxes) "third party billing" charge billed for something I have never subscribed to.

I contacted Verizon and they did credit my account for the charge. They also put a block on my account for any further "third party billings", but I really wonder if this issue is resolved.

The billing was shown as the following: The Billing Resource, the clearinghouse agent for Brilliant Digital Ent(ertainment). The charge was billed on July 8, 2009 for "Brilliant Ent-KaZaA Monthly Service Fee".....$19.95 plus 1.40 Tax.

Further, the verbiage in my bill said that "for more information on The Billing Resource, please access their WWW address at: www.integretel.com.

To sum it up, I've never downloaded a music file of any sort (Kazaa??) and I know I did not subscribe to any account or service from this company. I found a number of hits about billing scams, etc, but nothing really that current. Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks,

Joe
Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2009 04:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Billing-Resource-Andor-Brilliant-Ent-KaZaA-Or-Brilliant-Digital-Entertainment/nationwide/The-Billing-Resource-Andor-Brilliant-Ent-KaZaA-Or-Brilliant-Digital-Entertainment-Bogus-c-474024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Billing Resource And/or Brilliant Ent KaZaA Or Brilliant Digital Entertainment

KaZaA Security Lapses in subscription services

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I've done enough research to finally have an idea of how my Verizon phone service got billed for a Kazaa (online music download, ringtone, etc website) subscription I never ordered. Someone having only my physical address and my phone number was allowed to order the Kazaa service and bill it to my phone number, which is a new option they have for billing. They also had to provide the last four digits for a social security number, but the one they provided was not mine (thank goodness!)

To sum it up, Kazaa apparently does not have enough security measures in place to prevent someone defrauding the company and an innocent "bystander". Once again, I am not slamming Verizon, they credited my account without question and I have no gripes with them. It appears to be that The Billing Resource and Payments One are not the main culprits in this matter, but rather, lax practices on the part of Kazaa. The ability to order this service and bill it to someone else's phone number is apparently a new method for the service.....with serious questions on my part.

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I found out through several telephone calls that "The Billing Resource" is the same company as "Payments One". Even though they have different phone numbers, their recording is the identical (voice and message). A search on the net for Payments One also came up with several "scam" hits.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC