Complaint Review: The Billing Resource

• Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Front Royal Virginia
The Billing Resource
http://www.thebillingresource.com/ Internet U.S.A.

The Billing Resource - TBR slams consumers through Third-Party billing on Embarq bill. Internet

I began to notice that my Embarq bill was suddenly higher. Upon strict examination, I discovered that The Billing Resource was billing me through my phone bill. TBR engaged in a ripoff scam by adding $19.95 as a Third-Party billing charge to my Embarq phone bill for a thing called "Talent & More". When you call their 800 number (1-800-296-8079), they force you to enter your phone number before they will talk to you. Since I refused to do so, I was unable to talk to anyone. Protect yourself by contacting Embarq today and asking them to place a Third-Party billing block on your number. Forunately, I was able to have Embarq reverse the charge back to TBR. And, besides, they only got me for $40. I can only imagine how many unsuspecting consumers are being ripped off by this company.

Kevin
Front Royal, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Billing-Resource/internet/The-Billing-Resource-TBR-slams-consumers-through-Third-Party-billing-on-Embarq-bill-Int-467042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Billing Resource