Complaint Review: The Boat Shop

• Submitted: Sat, May 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, May 19, 2012

• Reported By: Darla — Oklahoma United States of America
The Boat Shop
South Shields-moved 3 times in OKC Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

The Boat Shop Jason Young Installed a used fuel pump and fuel line that was not compatable with my boat..charged $50 gas-empty...upon p/u would only accept cash payment..boat would not run on the water--didn't offer to correct Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

I called for boat service and Jason told me he could fix anything on a boat, including a detail cleaning.  My brother delivered the boat--it sat for over two weeks and wasn't touched...no other boats were there.  Upon calling 2 weeks later, Jason said it was too cold to work & he was too busy with personal things to work on it and he would wait another week.  Upon delivery Jason knew I had two interested buyers and that I was in a hurry to get the boat lake ready.  The weather was very warm...but we did have a few cold days.  After pushing him a few times, he finally called and said the boat would need a new fuel pump and a fuel line.  He said there were several hours of diagnostic work even though he had no equipment to run any type of diagnostics.  He said he was going to change the oil, charge the batteries, etc.  He offered to detail the boat for an additional $200 and said he was very good!  I wanted the boat to look sharp for any interested buyer and agreed.  Just before time for pick-up he said that he only accepts cash payment--not told this up front--he confided to my brother that he draws disability--I assume that's the reason...although he didn't seem to be disabled!

I arrived with my brother, Mother and a friend to pick it up...it wasn't clean...it did start...and then Jason showed on his ticket that he had installed a used fuel pump and line that he had in the shop--supposed to be new---it had been about a month I needed to get it sold.  I asked if the boat was lake ready and he said "yes" in front of all--so I gave him the cash and we left.

A few days later an interested buyer made an offer--(the first two had given up)--he took it on the lake and it died every 10 feet.  I called Jason--he was too busy moving his shop to talk with me and then wouldn't call me back.  I had to pay a tow truck to move this big boat from storage to another shop who informed me he had installed the wrong type fuel pump on my boat and a fuel line that was not BSI approved and if a fire had occured--insurance wouldn't cover it!  I had to pay the 2nd shop another $1375 to get the boat running right.  The 2nd shop said they had heard of him before and had other boats brought in that he had messed up!  Jason wouldn't work with me....and is a huge con man!  Please do not take your boat to him...you will be sorry!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2012 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Boat-Shop/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73102/The-Boat-Shop-Jason-Young-Installed-a-used-fuel-pump-and-fuel-line-that-was-not-compatabl-885114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Boat Shop