Complaint Review: The Body Shop Aka Active Wear Aka Buth-Na-Bodhaige Incorporated

• Submitted: Thu, June 30, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 01, 2006

• Reported By:Camarillo California
The Body Shop Aka Active Wear Aka Buth-Na-Bodhaige Incorporated
140 W Hillcrest Drive #122 Thousand Oaks, California U.S.A.

The Body Shop Aka Active Wear Aka Buth-Na-Bodhaige Incorporated Wanted to charge ethnics $15 to try on ballet and tap shoes for toddlers! RIPOFF Thousand Oaks California

*UPDATE Employee: Get Your Information Straight Before Reporting Companies

Do you know if your organization might be able to help me? A horrible act of discrimination happened to me.

I had my toddler try on ballet/tap shoes on June 29th, 2005 at 3:15 pm at the Body Shop, 140 W Hillcrest Drive #122, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, 805-495-9700. I explained to the 1st saleslady that we were going to wait until the last week of July to buy the shoes in case my daugther's feet grow. Her classes begin in August.

A second sales lady approached me and told me that I would need to pay $15 for having my daughter try on their shoes and be sized. She told me that I did not have to pay this time because they did not tell me earlier. I kindly explained that I wanted to make
sure that the shoes did not hurt my daughter's feet because she is an extra wide.

There are no signs posted about a sizing, trying on shoe charge. The two other women in the store were not told this. I am an Arab-American and I feel that I have been treated differently than the rest of the customers. What can I do about this?

The owners of this company is the following:
Buth-Na-Bodhaige Incorporated
President Peter Saunders
5036 One World Way, Wake Forest, NC 20587

Christine
Camarillo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2005 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Body-Shop-Aka-Active-Wear-Aka-Buth-Na-Bodhaige-Incorporated/Thousand-Oaks-California-91360/The-Body-Shop-Aka-Active-Wear-Aka-Buth-Na-Bodhaige-Incorporated-Wanted-to-charge-ethnics--148155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Body Shop Aka Active Wear Aka Buth-Na-Bodhaige Incorporated

Get Your Information Straight Before Reporting Companies

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

"Buth-Na-Bodhaige" aka "The Body Shop" does not sell tap shoes. The Body Shop sells skincare, cosmetics, body lotions, and hair products. The Body Shop is not associated with "Active Wear" at all. You are clearly confusing "The Body Shop" with another company.