Complaint Review: The Book A Near

The Book A Near
18525 E Smoky Hill Rd Centennial, Colorado United States of America

The Book A Near Deceptive Business Practices Centennial, Colorado

*General Comment: Excellent Used Book Store

This is by far the worst used book store experience I have ever had.  The owner and the staff are beyond the rudest people I have ever come across.  They are unwilling to work with you and make the transaction work for both parties.

In every way I can state - I will never again return to this store.  Unbelievably arrogant, unhelpful and just plain nasty to deal with.

I have been to dozens of used book stores over the years and can honestly say that this one has the strangest policies and procedures of any of them.  I could not begin to deal with them.

Too bad because I wanted to support a local business, am a voracious reader and would have made a valuable customer.  This business did not take the time to recognize any of that - their
loss...

My recommendation is to simply stay away.  Give your business to someone that will appreciate it.

***Updated***

Since posting this review, the owners have entered 4 fake - 5 star reviews - several naming me specifically with blatantly fake and incorrect information.  My review was exactly as stated.  Rude people - rude interactions - just unpleasant beyond reason.

After multiple and repeated truly horrible interactions -  I offered my 100 dollar credit balance for books totaling less than 15 dollars. I wanted to never to return but wanted value for my over 40 books I had traded in.  The answer was simply No and Get Out - that is not our policy.  No flexibility, no caring for the customer, no going the extra mile.  What a disgrace for a local business to act this way.

This owner and staff are lying, have zero integrity and will cheat repeatedly as can been seen by the 4 reviews that Yelp has "Filtered".

Again - I will never be going back - I suggest you do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Book-A-Near/Centennial-Colorado-80015/The-Book-A-Near-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Centennial-Colorado-1044355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Book A Near

#1 General Comment

Excellent Used Book Store

AUTHOR: Teressa - ()

I have no idea why someone would write such a scathing item about a locally-owned business that is only trying to make a living!  I have been going to this used book store for years (even before they moved to their current location at Tower & Smoky Hill), and they have ALWAYS been friendly, polite, and helpful.

I have never worked for this business, but I'd hate to see them lose customers due to some "sour grapes" on the part of one individual.

The owner DID tell me a story about a customer who came in and insisted that they buy back all the books he brought with him.  When they explained that they could not, he became threatening and abusive and said he would ruin their reputation.  I wonder if this "David" person is the same one????

Anyone should know that they might not be able to sell all the books they brought in...especially if the store already has reached the maximum number of copies they have room for.

The policy of the store is clearly stated when we first take in books...you get a credit for them, NOT cash.

Please feel free to visit the store and see for yourselves; you will not be sorry.

Thank you!