Complaint Review: The Book Depository

The Book Depository
St. Peter Port, Select State/Province United States of America

The Book Depository Textbook Order never arrived!! St. Peter Port, Other

*UPDATE Employee: Book Depository apologies

I ordered a textbook for the Spring 2011 semester on December 22, 2010. It is currently January 12, 2011 and the book has yet to arrive. I contacted the site from which I ordered the book, Marketplace at Better World Books, and they informed me that the book in question was reported shipped on December 24, 2010. If this were true, I'm fairly sure that it would have arrived by now. Nothing has ever taken this long to be shipped to me from anywhere. The receipt I have for my order claims the book is coming from The Book Depository in California, USA. I know for a fact that it does not take 21 days to send something from California to Missouri. Now I'm going to have to start my Spring semester without a textbook for one of my engineering courses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Book-Depository/St-Peter-Port-Select-StateProvince-/The-Book-Depository-Textbook-Order-never-arrived-St-Peter-Port-Other-681742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Book Depository

Book Depository apologies

AUTHOR: Adam - (United States of America)

Many apologies your book has not arrived yet. We are actually based in the UK and US customs are currently asking for all parcels to be x-rayed leaving the UK and entering the US. All air shipping has been suspended so parcels are arriving by ship shipping. As you can imagine this has led to a large backlog of items. Email your order number to adam dot powell at bookdepository dot co dot uk and I can refund you. Kind regards.