Complaint Review: The Boulevard Entertainment

• Updated: Sat, April 16, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Louisiana United States of America
The Boulevard Entertainment
Burbank, California United States of America

The Boulevard Entertainment TBE The Boulevard Entertainment - Treats It's Employees Like Dirt Burbank, California

Well, I haven't been the first to complain, and I certainly won't be the last to complain about the daily harassment that independent contractors receive from a very unprofessional homosexual male supervisor, whom we shall call "Sony". Don't get me wrong, the fact that I identified him as being homosexual has absolutely nothing to do with the basis or validity of thus report, but does serve as a means for previous, current, and future IC employed through TBE to identify which male supervisor I am speaking of. Now, I have been in the "business" for a number of years, so I have a good bit of experience under my belt. I am in no way making this claim because I am incapable of handling the job's requirements, I.E. average hold times, quiet work environment etc. Though every PSO has their days, my average hold time was pretty good for the most part. I understood the concept of phone acting, so there was no discomfort with taboo calls. With that knowledge, experience, ability to meet work requirements, and enthusiasm, sounds like it would be smooth sailing, right? You put your experience, great character/call selling potential to use and it's a win/win situation for the team as a whole, right? Wrong. Pay attention to your calls. Time them. I have had numerous instances where I've had a stream of back to back "long" calls, and all of a sudden, here comes the hang up calls or the calls with the suspicious sounding feminine male voice who, coincidently sounds a lot like "Sony"! Now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this brings down your average and keeps you from earning any bonuses associated with high call averages. So, you can see where the motive to sabotage an IC's average would be beneficial to minimize out of pocket company expenses. Along with the suspicious hang-ups and the familiar yet attempted to disguise feminine male voice that calls and hangs up repeatedly, you have to deal with her Royal Highness herself, "Sony", who is going to hold you up to a microscope and pick you apart verbally, and if he can't find anything up front, he'll wait the entire shift until he does and repeat the entire process ALL over again. He will talk down to you and make rude comments like "I don't care if your house is on fire and your babies are burning, don't hang up the phone! keep the caller on the line at all times or else you're gonna pay for the call!" or "how come you're so late? this is unacceptable" if u log in one minute after your shift starts - keep in mind that you can't always get through on your first try. I thought it was personal, until I heard him talking to other IC's on the group line. He is a very rude, unprofessional, arrogant, shady pain in the a*s to work with. In a profession which requires mental focus, how can you endure being verbally harassed regularly, and still be able to stay focused enough to effectively do your job. It's unfair to be treated that way, especially when all you are exceedingly good at the job you are being harassed by someone who clearly needs to be retrained in proper protocol/behavior and professionalism. I am no longer an IC for TBE. Yes, "Sony" finally won this battle by wrongfully terminating yet another good independent contract. Hang up calls during the beginning of my shift prompted "Sony" to make his grand diva line entrance not even 1/4 of the way through my shift threatening to terminate my contract, which threw me because the day before, my hold time was in the mid teens. My advice to current and future IC's with TBE, if you're looking for short term or secondary employment, this is the company for you, but for someone like me, someone who continues to perfect their craft and is looking for longterm maximum earning potential, walk on by. You will never be paid or treated by your worth and at the end of your shift, you have to ask yourself "does TBE even care about it's independent contractors?". My answer would be no.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2011 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Boulevard-Entertainment/Burbank-California-/The-Boulevard-Entertainment-TBE-The-Boulevard-Entertainment-Treats-Its-Employees-Like-D-718575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Boulevard Entertainment