Complaint Review: The Boulevard Entertainment

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:Longmont Colorado
The Boulevard Entertainment
blvdent.com Burbank, California U.S.A.

The Boulevard Entertainment My training call was full of illegal sex acts! Burbank California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Boulevard Entertainment makes their operators listen to child molestation calls

*UPDATE Employee: Boulevard Entertainment and Regulations

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal on The Boulevard Entertainment Report filed by Blakesmom.

I was supposed to start at Boulevard Entertainment on the 9th of June but they told me to hang up due to a lack of steady clients. This was fine until I did some research...
I found out that my last training call containing beastiality and incest was not only sick but ILLEGAL. I took another company up on their offer and am proud to say they have nothing on this site.
All i have to say is beware ladies and Boulevard has apparently been around for 20 years. The FBI definitely needs to investigate them.

Blakesmom
Longmont, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Boulevard-Entertainment/Burbank-California/The-Boulevard-Entertainment-My-training-call-was-full-of-illegal-sex-acts-Burbank-Califor-339075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Boulevard Entertainment

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Markie - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this service and got sick of operators being expected to cater to child molestors, and men who were absolutely dangerous rapists. Not to mention men who enjoyed beastiality. I had one man tell me wanted to kill me and look at my dead body, The supervisor thought it was funny, The man even lived not far from where i reside. I am just glad i am not the hooker who ended up facing these sick men in person . I have no problem with listening to and discussing consenting adult sex. But a service that expects their operators to listen to men wanting have sex with six year olds (I got these calls often.) is as unscrupulous as it can get. Any man who would fantasize about raping or sexually molesting a child is going to do that in real life. The argument that you 'are a phone actress" should never pertain to an act as illegal and disgraceful as sexually harming a child. Any Hollywood movie producer who would use child molestation as a subject for his movies, and who depicted child molestaion as okay, would be run out of this country (the USa) or jailed. So when it comes to children being molested, "I am a phone actress' is not a good excuse. The owners of TBE should be ashamed of themselves for epecting their operators to carry on conversations with child molestors, people who enjoy beastiality, or men who threaten to kill or the operator.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Boulevard Entertainment and Regulations

AUTHOR: Toopunkrawk - (U.S.A.)

If you read your contract thorougly, as you always should, you'll notice that there are certain guidelines to being a phone actress. Yes, sometimes the calls may "disturbe" you but you're ACTING...it states this several times in your contract. Being able to conduct yourself as an actress means remaining in character. You are not your character; if you believe you are, of course you are going to have problems convincing people to talk to you, stay on the line with you and, honestly, have a good time.

I have a great time with this company. They give flexible hours, loads of encouragement even if you're having a bad night and I have to say even if I am having a bad night, I'll only be told to hang up an hour before my log-off time. The only time I've been asked to do that was when I was at a 4 minute holding time and I've never gone below that. They offer bonuses for your hard work and, if you keep at it, you will get better!

That said, this is definitely not a profession for everyone. If you cannot act and sell your character, or take yourself out of your character, then you cannot do this job. Personally I love being able to take on a whole new persona for a night! But different strokes for different folks!

Toopunkrawk
Colorado

Rebuttal on The Boulevard Entertainment Report filed by Blakesmom.

AUTHOR: Phonekitten - (U.S.A.)

I read this Ripoff Report and I have to say that this person has NO right to complain about TBE (The Boulevard Entertainment).

First I want to start by saying that TBE is a NO TABOOS company...which means you MUST be willing to talk about anything,even if it is illegal. Phone sex companies are free to discuss taboo subjects because they are considered all fantasy and adult entertainment.

The person that filed this report should have done THEIR RESEARCH before even applying at TBE. If they would have done so,they would have found out that they had to be completely open to talk about anything.

About their comment on being told to hang up due to the lack of callers...That really isn't why this person was told to log off the system. TBE is a company that requires a hold time. Hold times are your average talk time and it is based on your minutes. For example if you have 4 calls with talk times of 20 minutes,10 minutes, 15 minutes and 5 minutes, your average hold time would be 12.5 minutes.

For TBE to keep you logged into their system during your shift, you must have an average hold time of 9 minutes. Once you fall below a 9 minute average...you will be told to hang up.

I hope this clears up the confusion this person must be going through. I'm sorry if I came on as rude or catty in my rebuttal but I felt that the report filed against The Boulevard Entertainment was incorrect.

PhoneKitten