Complaint Review: The Boulevard Entertainment

The Boulevard Entertainment Unreasonable, Unfair, Greedy, Exploiters! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Everyone is right; Everyone is wrong

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Supervisors Have Some Nerve

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Boulevard Entertainment

I decided to go with this company TAN (which is a different division of TBE - same phone system, same 800 or 900 number, same switchboard and supervisors, and same pool of callers) because they are reported to have been around for 20yrs.

I worked just a few days for them, and I conclude that the possible reasons they have been a round for so long are that:

1) most of the girls only make $7hr; 2)Their phone systems are outdated; 3) they cater to the serious perverts in more ways than one.

And while I have not seen any other reports of people not being paid, I have not been paid for the few days i worked for them, and they have not even responded to my email inquiries about my check, which I have just written off as a loss.

my 1st night I clocked in at 8p sharp.  At 8:01 my phone range, I said hello, and the caller hung up.  Same thing at 8:02, 8:03, 8:04, 8:05, 8:06, 8:07, 8:08, 8:09, 8:10, 8:11, 8:12, and then sporadically like that throught the time I was logged on.

That is what some companies call "a jumper".  He's looking for a specific girl, or he's just bored and can't afford to call, but enjoys just getting that connection (because they don't have to pay until they have been connected for a certain amount of seconds). Some are just vindictive bastards that know it is messing up the operators "hold time".

That is where the outdated phone system comes in to play.  Other companies have individual extensions and voice mail boxes with personal recordings for each operator.  The callers can listen, skip over ones they don't want to talk to, and get back to one they want to talk with.

The jumpers are recognized, but they are not admonished, they are not blocked, but they are figured in to the operators overall time.  They claim that they do not factor in, but before my shift was over, and I had a few actual conversations that were all 15-20mins and longer and I was feeling really prosperous and good about what I knew was going to be a high hold time (higher  money per hour).

End of shift, supervisor comes on, tells me I have like a 6min average hold time (they look for 10 and above), asked me in a berating tone if I ever did that kind of work before, and told me how well all the other girls that were also logged were doing.

Next night started off the same way with the back-to-back hangups.  And remember, my first night, no way were those guys judging me on phone personality, voice, or willingness to indulge them in whatever.  These were just intentional hangups for whatever reason.

On the 2nd night I spoke to one guy 4 different times for 30mins or more.   Each time he brought me to the brink of death in one way or anothger while sexing me.  I spoke to another caller and defacated and urinated on his genitals for about 30mins.  A few other calls 10min, 15min, etc. but mostly hangups.  Sure enough, end of shift, my hold time was low again.

Third night started off with hangups, the operator even told me that they knew who the guys was, told me that he was the only guy calling at that time, and told me that I need to change my voice to try to get him to talk to me.  So I kept changing my voice, my name, and he just enjoyed the hoops I was jumping through for him and kept hanging up on me.

From talking to other girls, this is standard from some callers.  So not only did I end the shift with another low average because of the hangups, but after so demoralizing a time on the phone, I still have not gotten paid for it.

Girls and women turn to this type of work out of absolute desparation, and for me personally, it really killed something inside of me.  It hurt me to do this work, but I was desperate, pushed past my feelings about it, and dit it.

Phone sex is not rocket science, its mostly a matter of just deciding whether or not you will lay your morals down to pay the rent.  The owners of these companies have the nerve to actually tell us (in so many worlds or deeds) that we are somehow not doing it right.

And then they hold us accountable for the uncontrollable factors like the "jumpers".  That is where their greed comes in.  They keep the girls feeling like they are somehow not doing it right, and they thereby justify paying the girls just $9 per hr, or $7hr.

If you work under their TAN branch (which is the same phone system, same 800 or 900 numbers, and same pool of callers)  it is $7hr.

The next two nights started off with the back-to-back hangups, but after about an hour on both of those shifts, I was "disconnected from the  conference".  The 1st time the supervisors came on and said I was "getting to many hangups".

The second time, one of the owners, a guy that I had been warned about of his rudeness and abusiveness to his employees and the girls on the phones, came on the line, said my name, and when I said "yes?" the next thing I heard was the recording "you have been kicked from the conference".  How rude.

These greedy b**tards make a lot of money from even one 15min call that is completed, and one fifteen call more than pays the operators $7 for that hour (not to mention the other calls she does for that hour).

This is demoralizing work, and some of the callers are especially abusive.  Not just abusing the 800 number itself, but some of these callers like to make girls "bark" like dogs.  One particularly sick b*****d kept insisting that I invite both my MOTHER and my GRANDMOTHER into the bed with us!

He wanted me to tell him how I would lick my grandmother between her legs--my beautiful blond girlfriend that I offered to bring instead was not acceptable.  (well, that was my threshhold--I didnt care if they fired me or not.  I just couldn't even wrap my mind around that any kind of way.  I actually kept him on the line for 45mins though, dancing around his insistance.

The child sex perverts are particularly hard to deal with.  They try and try to get you to say that you are 8yrs old and that you would love it if he put his big thing inside of you.  We have to give them the "little girl voice" and often they want to be called "daddy" .  I despise myself for indulging in that just to pay my rent.

It is a decision that women make every day when they decide to do this work.  No one goes to school to someday become a phone sex operator.  No once decides, outside of being desperated, to be do phone sex for a living.  A girl can push past her moral compass to pay the rent, its our choice, but it is not a fun job.

I give those specific examples to say that not only are we putting our own selves in a position to be demoralized just to pay the rent, and not only are we being demoralized by the callers, but we are being disrepected and exploited by the owners of these companies.

There are probably a very small group of operators in every company that make the $15-20hr that they all advertise, but they are the best friends brought into the company, the relatives.  With TBE/TAN I think most girls are only making $9hr, $7hr.

TBE/TAN insists that you submit a schedule to them, stick to that schedule, and also be avail for them at the drop of the hat, but they kick you off on a regular basis so that you can't even count on making at least $7hr toward paying your rent.  I guess thats very smart of them because it keeps girls needing to log on almost all the time to make a little money.

This is an industry that should be regulated.  This is exploitation at its worse.  These companies can survive for years because every year their are more women who join the ranks of the "deperate to pay the rent" crew.

Most of these companies have only a core group of girls on the phones that stay longer than a few days, a week.  That is why they are constantly hiring.  They are not the only company, they are all just the same from what I have found in a very short time.

Some of these companies are even more exploitive, those trolling companies for example.  I signed up with one company that actually wanted me to post 3 blogs per shift, troll around in their chat-rooms to try to get guys to call, commit to 40hrs a week, vote every three hours (even if you are not logged on) and every day you have to clear our you internet "cookies" and "cache" and turn your computer completely off so that your voting for the site isnt seen as coming from the same person.  When I asked how much most girls were making they told me $250-300 a week!

Again the industry needs to be regulated.  No one should be exploited like this.  Most of these companies are famous for not paying their girls because they know that we came to them out of desparation in the first place and therefore won't have to time or money to pursue your money due.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Boulevard-Entertainment/internet/The-Boulevard-Entertainment-Unreasonable-Unfair-Greedy-Exploiters-Internet-603536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Boulevard Entertainment

Everyone is right; Everyone is wrong

AUTHOR: Veteran_girl - (United States of America)

I have worked for TBE and its affiliates on and off again over the past ten years. I agree with some of the comments posted by other workers. It IS d**n near impossible for people to stay employed long-term with this company based on the way they have the job structured. Hourly wage or not.

However, part of the reason why it's so hard for employees to make money is people like these posting intimate company secrets so that the misogynists and pedophiles can read them, find out how the company works and then use it against the women working there. So, in a way, if you hate the way Boulevard Entertainment works and you've spilled company secrets in an open forum, you have no one to blame but yourself.

But this is also not a praising post for the company, either. Over the years, the staff at this place has been RUDE. I have quit twice before due to being yelled at and called "stupid" by supervisors. I've even been harassed by their staff on many occasions. They have a guy working there who is an extremely rude and b*tchy queen. He is disrespectful to women and has no place working in a position of power over them. We are not trash; we just work for a phone sex company. He spends more time worried and complaining about how the workers make him look than he does actually leading in an effective manner. He clicks on each worker's line after one call and yells if your hold time isn't immediate perfection. Hold times at this company don't happen immediately. They require a lot of time to maintain. He's an idiot and adds no value to this company whatsoever.

The hold time system at TBE is also a nightmare. The customers do bounce from girl to girl. Workers just need to be savvy about holding their attention. I am. And I maintain pretty decent hold times. But just understand: this job is like Vegas. They stack the cards so that the house always wins. Every rule and regulation is set up to make this business profitable for the owners. NOT YOU. And thankfully, not the creepy customer base.

Yes, they cater to pedophiles and guys with rape fantasies. This service is one of the few that allows that level of conversation to take place. As a worker, if you don't like it, go to another company. There are hundreds to work for in the U.S. and abroad. This isn't the only one. But I, too, find the level of conversation disgusting. However, in this economy, I suck it up and do the gig. These men were rapists and sociopaths long before they chatted with me and they'll be rapists and sociopaths long after. But given the psychology of social deviants, talking dirty is never a trigger for bad behavior. If they wish to rape or harm in real life, they will. Don't internalize any of those perverts or their crap.

Also, you are not being exploited by working here. This is not the kind of gig where somebody kidnaps you, drugs you and forces you to talk dirty to men. You have to seek these companies out and train with them. No one has a gun held to their head to work here (figuratively or literally). So if you don't like the work or the process, then move on. Stop whining. Stop complaining. The work clearly isn't for you.

As for TAN -- TBE's affiliate, don't work for them. They are shady. I had a similar experience working at their company. It took me two months to get paid for two weeks worth of work. They rang my phone constantly, asking me to log on, but didn't have nearly the same persistence when it came to payroll.

My advice is to skip TBE as a stop if you're considering work as a phone sex girl. There are better, more professional companies out there. I'm only there for the hourly wage. But if you stay and work, keep your bitching to a minimum. It's phone sex -- your part-time job. It's not a career, so don't let ANY idiots involved with the process get under your skin and you'll be fine.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Supervisors Have Some Nerve

AUTHOR: Pissed off - (U.S.A.)

The sons of bit*hes don't make much more than the operators. They make 10.00 per hour just like we do. I was terminated because for two days, I had my nieces with me and I could not work with them in the room. I will tell you who the supervisor is, her name is Pam and she works the grave yard shift. I guess she wanted me to get in trouble for have kids in the vicinity. She accused me of not being serious about this job. I told her that my life was not about getting, disgusting pedifiles off. The b*****d supervisors are probably miserable.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Boulevard Entertainment

AUTHOR: Nanette - (Virgin Islands (US))

So True,
I have been with this company for a week now, and my average hold time is 10 min. They require 8 min. The supervisors ore so nasty, they blame you for people hanging up, and holding on the line for a long time. It's  not the operators fault that the calls are not coming in and people are hanging up in less than a minute. They will blame you for that and kick you off the system even though you have had over average of hold time. These people do not appreciate the operators and they think you are desperate so they feel that they can speak to you nasty and talk down to you. The trainer Rose is the only nice one there, but everyone else sucks!!! Especially the supervisors one in particular , her name is Toni. I do not plan on working for this company very long. There are so many other companies out there that you can work for that will probably pay more and have more customers. Just look at sexyjobs.com . Yes, they do expect you to talk to child molesters, discuss animal sex which is illegal. This company sucks. Girls please beware...trust me you will not last more than a week or two before getting pissed off. They are not worth working for, and they treat their operators like crap. We are the ones making them money and they don't appreciate it. Give it a try just to see what it's like, but trust me, you will not like working for these people. Their staff are so rude and unprofessional except for Rose the trainer. It's only a phone sex job, there is no reason for these people to treat you like crap, these people are miserable especially Toni. Good Luck!!!