Complaint Review: The Bradford Exchange

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Sandi — silver lake Kansas United States of America
The Bradford Exchange
9333 N. Milwaukee Ave Niles, Illinois United States of America

The Bradford Exchange Guaranteed Christmas Delivery meant nothing!! Item did NOT arrive! Niles, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Bradford Exchange

I placed an order with the Bradford Exchange and it was a complete disaster!!
First, one of my orders got sent to the wrong person and had to be resent, secondly another order which showed "Guaranteed Christmas Delivery" showed up as not available until 01/30/2013.

I was never sent an email telling me this item was on back-order, the only way I found that out was when I went to check the tracking numbers on the other 2 items I ordered that had shipped. I immediately called and asked to speak to a supervisor and explained that this was a gift for my daughter who lives over 1000 miles away from me, so it was very important she receive her gift by Christmas. He assured me it would.

As Christmas neared, and it still hadn't shipped, I called again, spoke to another supervisor and was again assured it would be there. More days passed and I called again as Christmas was approching fast. I was again assured not to worry. I was told if it said "Guaranteed by Christmas" it would indeed arrive on time.

Well Christmas passed and no gift. I called again very upset, and the supervisor said he would give me free shipping when it shipped. Well whoopie doo, that really didn't make things much better and I would have cancelled the order then and there, but I had sent my daughter a picture of it and she fell in love with it so fine. I accepted.

Today the item shipped and guess what showed up on my credit card statement? The first installment PLUS shipping! Ugh!! Yet another call to this company that I now despise. I was told the shipping credit will come off my next installment.... not to mention it shows as being shipped to my address and not my daughter in Florida (the supervisor I spoke with swears up and down that it is going to Florida even though my email shows it being shipped to me. At this point I don't believe a word this company says).

Final icing on the cake? I was also told I would see that the credit was applied when the invoice arrives INSIDE the package that was shipped. They sent the invoice with total price paid, to the GIFT recipient!
How horrible is that?!

Terrible company! Can not back up their guarantees, mess up my order multiple times and ruined Christmas for me and my daughter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Bradford-Exchange/Niles-Illinois-60714/The-Bradford-Exchange-Guaranteed-Christmas-Delivery-meant-nothing-Item-did-NOT-arrive-989983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Bradford Exchange

Bradford Exchange

AUTHOR: Fran - (United States of America)

Hi, Sandi.
We are very sorry to learn of your experience with your order.  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

I would like to research your order.  Can you please contact me at customer_inquiry@bgeltd.com. Please include your client account number, order number, and/or name and address.

Regina