Complaint Review: The Bridges Center

The Bridges Center
5950 Live Oak Parkway Norcross, Georgia United States of America

The Bridges Center Screwed me... Do not work here Norcross, Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Let take the Bridges Center down

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Everything is true!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Take a stand!

FUTURE EMPLOYEES: If you are looking for volunteer experience at your own financial expense, The Bridges Center is the place for you. However, if you expect to be compensated for your hardwork, financial expenses (gas, personal cell phone, etc.), DO NOT APPLY AT THE BRIDGES CENTER.

Here is my story:
I needed a job. Bills were overdue. I was lucky to see TBC's ad for CSI. I am experience in the field so I applied. I emailed my cover letter and resume to the address listed. RED FLAGS: I sent the wrong cover letter with another company's name to TBC and I still got a call to schedule the interview within 3 hours of sending the email. At the interview, I'm presenting myself as being professional but I'm constantly reminded of my home girls from the block. Without checking credentials, background, and references, I was hired on the spot and was told to be at orientation on Monday - that day was Thursday. I asked for an over rated salary thinking some negotiation would be involved but the director agreed to my salary - Huh. I'm not licensed. Anyway, I asked the director if TBC was a stable, secure place of employment.

I said exactly ARE THERE ANY PROBLEMS? SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT LAYOFFS?   She said "no, we get 50 - 60 referrals per week. TBC won't be going anywhere soon". I accepted the position. Still wasn't clear my job title, I attended orientation. It was a class of 15 new hires. From day 1, something is wrong. The first trainer didn't train instead spent time talking about her self as well as stating various things she does when seeing a child which all sounded illegal. Day 2, we sat for hours with new staff popping in and out not really training but just introducing themselves and giving their phone numbers. We received laptops on day 2. These laptop are outdated and wornout. The poor little guy in IT seem to have no idea of what he is doing. In fact none of the staff seem to have no idea of what they are doing. DaY 3, 3 new hires quit. Day 3 was the most exciting. It was pay day and employees were mad no they were furious that they haven't been paid in two months. They said that Mrs. Winfrey continues to say that they will be paid.

One employee was so angry, they threatened to call the police. The employee got so mad that she called FOX 5 News. Being afraid FOX 5 News were coming out to report, they sent the new hires home. Day 4, we waited for more than 2 hours before the compliance manager appeared and said that we would shadow someone today. It wasn't planned. She called staff and said "I need a favor...take someone with you to next appointment so they can shadow you". Eventually she found some staff willing to take on the new hires. Wait I forgot to mentioned, orientation is now down to 5 new hires. We waited until it was time tag along with the person we were assigned to shadow. Meanwhile, internet was down due to none payment. We were advised to bring our own copier paper because there were none at the office. I'm ready to quit. This isn't what I expected. However, I turned down probably the best job to work for TBC. I had to make this work.

Day 5, we were instructed to contact our caseloads and began billing. But, we didn't receive adequate training for the system because the internet was down due to none payment. Besides, we didn't have a caseload. I emailed everybody until I got a caseload. I went to work because I knew positions such as these are based on productivity when it is a for profit organization. Here is the problem: these clients haven't been seen in months some as long as a year. Parents were mad and many refused services. One parent told me that TBC doesn't do anything but milk medicaid and don't come see her child. When I was able to persuade clients to accept services, I couldn't see them anyway because it has been such a gap in services that authorizations had expired and must be renewed. When explaining the problem to management, they had no solutions to the problem but yet they continue to scream "See your clients and bill for the services". They blamed the case managers for not doing there jobs eventhough it was impossible under these circumstances.

Still determined, I asked for more clients. Now I'm traveling all over metro Atlanta at my expense because TBC didn't give gas cards or pay for mileage (Mrs. Winfrey said claim it on taxes). 2 weeks after seeing clients, I'm finally building up my caseload. Now my new hire class is down to 3 and I'm one of the three. I'm brining in a steady flow of cash. Afterall, Mrs. Winfrey said that you are only get paid for productivity. 6 weeks later, it's me and another guy left out of my orientation class. And it was payday. I managed to bring in over 5 grand for the month. All the money I spent making home visits and school visits, it is about to payoff. I was thrilled because I have no more money. 6 weeks without pay was financially draining. My personal cell phone (in which I had to use for business purposes because I couldn't have a business phone after 6 weeks) was overdue and my cell company threaten disconnection. I had to call and explain my situation. When I arrived at the office, my gas tank was on E. This paycheck was right on time. Only to find out, there are no checks. And the director has no idea when I will get paid

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Bridges-Center/Norcross-Georgia-/The-Bridges-Center-Screwed-me-Do-not-work-here-Norcross-Georgia-774088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Bridges Center

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Let take the Bridges Center down

AUTHOR: Michael Chapple - (USA)

Please send me your contact information so you can join our team to take the bridges center down. Please sedn you info to chappmo@yahoo.com

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Everything is true!!!!!

AUTHOR: padreallenp - (United States of America)

I may be the other gut mentioned in the above article. Everything in the article is true. I kept asking when I would get paid. I had been unemployed for a long time and thought this job was it only to find out the lying that goes on. If they had paid me, even late, I probably would try to make it work. I get an email Monday the 27th that there was a mandatory staff meeting. I replied that until I get paid for the previous meetings, I was not coming in. Later my email account was cancelled. If I had not accepted the job offer, i would have more money in my bank account because I would not have spent it driving all over the metro area making my billable hours. Their website is still up advertising positions open. I am making it my personal mission to close the agency as they are not serving their clients.

Take a stand!

AUTHOR: william20moon - (United States of America)

Why on earth did you stay for more than 2 weeks without a paycheck? Why on earth are you still there after 6 weeks? There has to be something better out there, if only a low-level entry job somewhere else that will pay the bills until you find something better.

Can you report the company to any sort of bureau? A news channel is all fine and dandy, but if you want real action to be taken, report them to someone with the authority to shut them down.