Where to start... well first of all this is partially my fault! I'm a big believer of buying american whenever possible (we all know it's not always easy to find everything we want/ need thats made in U.S.A) and also that you get what you pay for. About a year and a half ago I went new grill shopping and was a bit sticker shocked at some of the prices. In the end I decided on a charmglow stainless steel model 810-7440-S. It appeared to be a good and economical choice- AND THATS WHERE THE GOOD ENDED! (Made in China & it shows)
Here's all of the problems that I have had:
1) ALL FOUR burners have cracked and litterally broken apart into pieces. Also all the screws that attach the burners to the inside of the grill are corroded and locked into place-I cant remove the screws to replace the burners...
2) ALL FOUR heat distribution plates are wasted and ruined. they are ceramic coated and that all burned off in no time and they rusted appart.
3) BOTH the side burner and the opposite side table top assemblies broke off from the spot welded-on brackets that attach them to the sides of the grill. All of the spot welds are way to small and thus not strong at all.
4)The cooking grates are junk. They are also ceramic coated and the ceramic began cracking off immediately and now on one of them the cast iron is cracked.
5) BOTH igniters for the main burners are corroded and breaking apart- they are still working but i'm sure for not much longer.
6) The front cover to the grease catching tray has rusted all most totally away.
7) All of the hardware (nuts, bolts, washers) are not stainless steel and they are rusting away and seizing up- good luck if you need to remove them later on down the road to replace any parts & you will need to!!
8) This grill has a VERY CHEAP warming rack inside. Its not supported the way it should be and if you use it, it just bends down & your food falls off.
9) The whole inside of the burner box area is ceramic coated and its coming off and rusting.
I AM NOT EXAGGERATING OR INFLATTING THIS STORY. This grill is as I stated in the beginning only just over 1 1/2 years old. It's a rusting away, poor quality, MADE IN CHINA piece of garbage. It's called a stainless steel grill but I assure you that its use of stainless is minimal at best. I am ashamed I spent my MADE IN AMERICA $$ on this thing.
I just went & purchased a (((REDACTED))) S-320 like I should have in the beginning & IT"S AWSOME!!!
U.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.