Complaint Review: The Buckle Runner

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Becky — NASHUA New Hampshire United States of America
The Buckle Runner
770 S Main Street Janesville, Wisconsin United States of America

The Buckle Runner Toy Hauler Enterprises Incomplete delivery, lots of excuses, unresponsive customer service Janesville, Wisconsin

I originally placed my order with bucklerunner.com on 11/19/12 for $35 of merchandise. The order was promised to provide delivery within 7-10 days and include a free "pocket jig" offer. On the Paypal transaction, it seems bucklerunner.com is operating as "Toy Hauler Enterprizes, 770 S Main St, Janesville, WI 53545."
On 11/29/12 (day 10), I called to inquire why nothing had been received and no notice of shipment or delay had been issued. They told me that the whole order was held up because one of the two items was back-ordered, but that they would ship half Wednesday (11/31/12) and the back-ordered pieces by Friday (12/2/12).
On 12/3/12, still no word, so I sent an inquiry via their website seeking an update. On 12/4/12 I got a response in which they promised half the order was shipped that day and should arrive by Friday (12/7/12). The revised shipping date for the rest was indicated as 12/14/12. I got confirmation of the first shipment the following day on 12/5/12. This part of the order and the free pocket jig did eventually arrive. The other half of the order has never arrived.
Since then I have received no responses to any further emails. I have repeatedly tried calling and aside from the one time mentioned above, constantly reach only their voicemail. I am unable to leave any voicemail, however, because their voice mailbox is always full. In the conversation we did have, they were full of excuses, from Tropical Storm Sandy hitting one of their suppliers, to blaming my email spam filters for eating messages they claim to have sent, to the fact that their voicemail issues are a "known problem" with their Charter phone line. I'm sympathetic with the first concern to a point, but don't think it excuses poor customer communication. The second concern is completely unfounded, and poor business practice to blame customers for the company's shortcomings. I became so frustrated with the fact that I could not reach this company that I finally called Charter to inquire about their voicemail issues. Charter informed me there was no such problem, confirmed they could communicate with Buckle Runner's router just fine, and that they were upset at having their name dragged through the mud - so again, this seems like just another poor excuse.
Today is 1/7/13. It has been 49 days since I placed my order and I still have not received half of it, and have been unable to get any response from the company in numerous attempts. At this point I've given up on any hope of receiving my merchandise, and would just like my money back. The missing portion of the order constitutes $19 of the original $35 total, and I have filed a claim for this through PayPal, but even PayPal lists them as "unavailable" to respond to disputes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Buckle-Runner/Janesville-Wisconsin-53545/The-Buckle-Runner-Toy-Hauler-Enterprises-Incomplete-delivery-lots-of-excuses-unresponsiv-992677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Buckle Runner