Complaint Review: The CCA Home Shopping Network Advantage

• Submitted: Thu, September 23, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 23, 2004

• Reported By:Cottondale Alabama
The CCA Home Shopping Network Advantage
P.O. Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

The CCA Home Shopping Network Advantage ripoff Las Vegas Nevada *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

I am writing because I have been ripped off by this CCA Home Shopping Network. I joined the CCA in 2001 because it sounded loke a really good deal and I was told over the phone the night I joined that i could cancel at anytime and recieve a full refund if i was not saticfied.

This was not what I was to find out after they had taken $199.00 from me for member ship. I recieved the two books of merchandise that i could order from and was not happy with the contents. I was told that it would be filled with all types of things i was interested in. I was very specific when i asked what all was in the magazines and was lyed to about that.

So i was dissatisfied and tried to call and cancel and recieve my refund. I was at that time told that i was no longer elegable for the refund because they had already sent me the cataloges. I was also told that I could not cancel the membership over the phone I would have to send them somthing in writing to be able to cancel it.

I joined The CCA Sept 24 2001 I recieved my membership packet in November and tried at that time to cancel. I wrote them a letter like I was told to do and thought it was taken care of.

I am writing you today because I am on my third year of having them take $99.00 out of my bank acount And I write them every year telling them I have already cancel the membership.

I have a phone number to call 1-800-760-4045 but every time I call I get the same message and it asks me to call back in an hour. I have writen them seven letters and tried to call more time than i can remember.

I am on my third year with these people and they have ripped me off over $500.00. I have never been able to order anything from them nor have they sent me any new catologes.

Can you Help Me????????

Cottondale, Alabama

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on CCA Home Shopping Network

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. Consumer makes harsh but accurate statements. *Rip-off Report Investigation follow-up provides valuable information.

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2004 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-CCA-Home-Shopping-Network-Advantage/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114/The-CCA-Home-Shopping-Network-Advantage-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-EDitors-Suggestions-on-h-109886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The CCA Home Shopping Network Advantage