Complaint Review: The Car Shop/ Justin Lesley John

• Submitted: Tue, June 11, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: Nick — leicester Other
The Car Shop/ Justin Lesley John
391 Abbey Lane, Leicester. LE4 5QJ leicester, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Car Shop Leicester LTD/ Justin Lesley John SOLD CAR UNFIT FOR PURPOSE, NO OFFER OF REFUNDS OR REPLACEMENT, WARRANTY WORTHLESS. leicester Nationwide

*Author of original report: Justin Lindsey John

Saw Vauxhall Corsa car in back of CarShop forecourt on 02.05.2013, but car needed to be moved in order for me to test drive, thus I was told to come back in twenty Minuites. I returned within the tewnty minuite period to which the car had already been started by an employee of the dealership. The car seemed fine to drive, although a light with a spanner in it was visable in dash ( 'Control indicator for engine electronics light). I mentioned this to te he employee who reassurred me if I brought the car for the full asking price of £2295 this problem would be rectified, a service would be done, twelve months MOT would be put on the car, along with twelve months road tax (£30 for the year) would be included.

The CarShop offered to deliver the car a few days later which they did, once it had been dropped off I inspected the car to find,'Control indicator for engine electronic light' was still on, and after checking the oil myself noticed no oil change or service had been done, even though they had stamped the service book to say it had been done. [continued below]....

.....  In addition, the next day when I went to start the car from cold it struggled to turn over and finally wouldn't start at all.

After numberous issues to get the problems resolved I went back to the garage in person and was confronted by another employees aggression, intimdation, threatning behaviour towards me, and basically told me ' To take my car and f**k off'. However, the owener of the dealership Mr Justin L John reassured me yet again that the problems would be rectified by the weekend. The weekend came and went, thus on Monday morning I called Justin, but his phone had been disconnected. Therefore, I called the warranty company as the car came with three months warranty, I informed them of the situation, but was told that I would have to sort this out with Justin, not them, even though I informed them he had disconnected his phone.

After writting to the Carshop twice under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), I have had no response at all from Mr Justin L John, yet these letters have been recieved, as I sent them recorded delivery.18:35:54

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Car-Shop-Justin-Lesley-John/leicester-Select-StateProvince-LE4-5RB/Car-Shop-Leicester-LTD-Justin-Lesley-John-SOLD-CAR-UNFIT-FOR-PURPOSE-NO-OFFER-OF-REFUN-1058223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Car Shop/ Justin Lesley John

Justin Lindsey John

AUTHOR: N Lang - ()

In main title made mistake in middle name, should read Justin Lindsey John.